Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knute78

Taxidermist?

8 posts in this topic

I shot this buck on October 5th and want to get it mounted. I have had some suggestions from friends already. I am looking for a reputable taxidermist in the area, SE MN, who is not over priced and does a quality job. I am looking for your opinions on where and maybe some possible pics of your mounts. Thanks.

Deer1.jpg

9 pointer...5.5 year old (aged by teeth)...130-140ish (getting it scored soon)

Not sure about the mount, but what a nice picture. Enlarged and framed, it would be worth 10,000 words. Nice buck

larrys taxidermys in stewertville dose great work. my buck last fall was $450. he has a web site with pics of finished mounts.

P.S. nice buck!

I'd take it too Mark Righotti (spelling?) in Viola. He's nationally renowned. I have one done 3 years ago and it looks incredible. My buck that year was 425, not sure how much its gone up. If you take it there you'll see some "big name" hunters bucks in there. Its pretty cool. By the way, what a pig!

What a brute! I have seen some of Larry's work with big game although I haven't got anything worth mounting...EVER, but from what I have seen of his work, I would go with him. Actually I think that his son does most of the big game stuff and Larry does most of the fish and turkeys???? I have several fish from him, excellent.

It may be a little drive, but I have been bringing mine to Lee's Taxidermy in Prescott. Not sure about everyone elses experiences, but ours have been great. He gets pretty busy, but it has usually taken 3-4 months to get the mounts back and they are always superb.

We used to go to Corcoran's in Hampton, but had a mix up in the capes, so havn't brought a deer back to them. However, any waterfowl to be mounted would be going to them hands down.

Mark Rigotti is where we took Alex's buck this year. He is a very detail minded artist. Viola Taxidermy, quality and close to Roch! laugh.gif

I 3rd Mark Rigotti