Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ortonville

where are you opening the pheasant season

38 posts in this topic

where is everyone going to open the pheasant season? i am not going to be far from home.we usally hit the state land first and if we need to we move to the private stuff

Belgrade-Brooten area for my party.

Plankington,SD Can't wait we are leaving on Oct. 21 It will be my 15th year there.

Just outside ortonville, hopefully theres more pheasants than ducks.

I'll be out with my nephew somewhere around ortonvillewill hit a few spots right away if we dont fill out we will hit a few more spots im expecting the area to be full of chinese chicken chasers but we have private landto hunt so crowds shouldnt be an issue. GOOD LUCK TO ALL !

I'll be west of cyrus a little ways. Some public land that's really good, and I know a farmer that has CRP bordered on 3 sides by public land and corn on the 4th side. Guess where I'll be hunting...........

grouse hunting...

I'll be out towards Montevideo.

Kind of down and out right now. Two hours ago I took my lab out for a bike ride and a neighbor's dog t-boned him while in a full run and bit him in the abdomen (over a two inch tear)...looks like I shot him with a broadhead. Just trying to get a good workout in before opener and now we have to wait til it heals. The wife and I stapled him shut for the night and will get him stitched good tomorrow

Muzzy... Sorry to hear that.

I will be hunting around the wheaton/graceville area, where my dad grew up.

south west of la qui parle high school. i think a few of us are going to be late for opener though; we've got ducks and geese to pound first...

St. Martin or Foley area for me.

Go get your pheasants... HEE HEE.. I'm leaving tomorrow for Williams and Beltrami Island, 5 days of grousin and woodcockin! I love the pheasant opener! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Disney World

Marshall area - I'm sure I'll have the WMA's to myself grin.gif

Quote:

Kind of down and out right now. Two hours ago I took my lab out for a bike ride and a neighbor's dog t-boned him while in a full run and bit him in the abdomen (over a two inch tear)...looks like I shot him with a broadhead. Just trying to get a good workout in before opener and now we have to wait til it heals. The wife and I stapled him shut for the night and will get him stitched good tomorrow

Muzzy Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling thought. A few years ago, my pup got hit by a drunk driver at 5 a.m. opener morning. The driver swerved into the yard and hit the dog and drove off. It's a good thing the cops found him before I did......

Not a cool story to hear. I hope they hit the drunk driver hard with fines not that it would help your loss at all.

I'll hopefully get out in a couple of weeks...going to Marshall/Ruthton area...hope there are some birds left!

Good luck to all

Muzzy

I'll be about 100 yards outside of my back door.

Prairie living has at least one perk.

The Wilmar area on public and then private land for 3 days this weekend, and then SW North Dakota for 4 days the following weekend. grin.gif

My back yard.

Bob

Somewhere in the Willmar area, on some friends private land. Never been there before, but they say it is great. grin.gif

I'm going to go try just West of Duluth! Rumor has it that's where all the pheasants are this year... wink.gif

Just to give all you guys heading towards Willmar a heads up. While driving to and from work (Glenwood to Willmar) I have not been seeing any birds. Because I am so friendly I thought I would pass this along and give you guys time to change your plans. I would hate to think of you guys driving all this way just to get a good walk.

Of course if you do head this way and see a few guys hunting over black labs wave it might just be me.

I'll be grousin as well. Plenty of time to chase ditch-parrots when it gets a little colder....Have fun though guys and good luck...uplander

Montevideo, and Boyd area for me...It will be good to get back home... laugh.gif