Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeGod

Selkirk Report

4 posts in this topic

Was up and fished the Red this past Thurs afternoon-Sun morning. We arrived later on Thursday and got a start just before 4 pm and caught 3 walleyes, no big ones, and a bunch of sauger - pulling cranks. Of course we heard you should have been here earlier in the day....

Friday we caught 10 walleye and a bunch of sauger again with the biggest greenie at 28.5" at 10 1/4 lbs.

Saturday we fished in some drizzle/light rain on and off in the afternoon and it was slower as we caught 5 walleye and a lot of sauger, biggest greenback was 27.5" weighing 9-13. We lost a big one close to the boat too on Sat. Never saw it but was a good head shaker thumper style if you know what I mean.

Sunday morning we saw clearing skies right away but that lasted only for half an hour and then clouded back up again. We ended up with four walleye and quite a few less sauger that morning. No big ones on Sunday. All walleye as well as the sauger were caught trolling for us. We didn't spend much time jigging.

We had four other boats that we knew up there and they all had fish in the 7-10+ lb range either trolling or jigging. Both seemed to work equally as well. Not big numbers of walleye this past weekend but a good time nonetheless. Two of the boats are staying up all this week. Just one pass or one jig away from a double digit fish always up there. One just never knows. Barney Gargles caps off a great day on the water.

Most of the walleye came in 10-11 ft. Sunday the water level had dropped a little (1 ft. maybe)which we were a little surprised at considering that Saturday we had NE winds. Woke up to Northerly winds on Sunday so we were thinking same or up some on the water levels. Did the opposite. Maybe Stu or a local can shed some light on that for us. Anyway, we had most of our success trolling using TD's of the usual colors. Sounds like the weather after today will be good for fishing up there.

Tight lines.

WG

WG, sounds like the weather didn't help your cause any. Still, you managed to scrape up some nice fish and I know you well enough to be sure you had plenty of fun while up there. Next year maybe I'll be able to join you... crazy.gif

Scoot:

I am thinking a hard water trip is in order. We have IP man to get up there this year. He has yet to see a greenie this year too.

WG

I'm with you 100%. However, I doubt it's in the cards for me until March. I'd love to do an early ice trip, but I'm sure I can't swing it. I think I'm stuck waiting until Spring for me. However, I think you should definitely take IP up there- he deserves a trip up with the fellas.