Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyice

Topwater Fun

4 posts in this topic

Made it out this evening to an area body of water that is realitivly unknown except to the people who live right near it. Ty, you know which one I am referring to. Anyway, decided to do something I hadn't done yet this year and target bass only, I know that there are some nice ones in there and I needed to scratch my fishing itch a little. In about two hours of fishing with a skitter pop and a worm, I landed about 24 bass ranging in size from 8" up to 14", wish I had decided to bring the camera, oh well. It was a great night as far as weather, so with winter coming down on us, I figured I better get in what I could, and it was good. Nothing like seeing a boiling wake coming after your topwater lure!! grin.gif

it's always a blast seeing that boil turn into a lm and smashing the topwaters! I've been getting decent action on power grubs 2-3" various colors, even caught a few nice ones using a powerbait 6" lizard, twitched across the bottom. took a tip from Sledneck , and started rigging them using o-rings, which eliminates the need to thread the hook into the baits, which prolong the life of your baits and hard earned cash!

Another worm-saving tip for bass plastics users is to tighten a small wire tie around the middle of a senko before wacky-rigging it. Then put the hook just under the wire tie. The bait will probably last you at least one outing.

Quote:

Made it out this evening to an area body of water that is realitivly unknown except to the people who live right near it. Ty, you know which one I am referring to. Anyway, decided to do something I hadn't done yet this year and target bass only, I know that there are some nice ones in there and I needed to scratch my fishing itch a little. In about two hours of fishing with a skitter pop and a worm, I landed about 24 bass ranging in size from 8" up to 14", wish I had decided to bring the camera, oh well. It was a great night as far as weather, so with winter coming down on us, I figured I better get in what I could, and it was good. Nothing like seeing a boiling wake coming after your topwater lure!!
grin.gif

Topwater bass fishing is hands down my favorite way to target them. Nice work bucko. It's hard to try something new as it takes awhile to build confidence in each and every aspect of fishing. Kudos for giving something new a chance and it payed off.