Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishyScent

Crank and Stick Bait colors

5 posts in this topic

What are the prime colors for trolling cranks or 3 waying on the croix. Some of those baits can get kinda expensive and I want to get the colors that will give me the best chance. Also what size weight is common for fishing a 3 way rig?

Thanks for the input

Fishy confused.gif

i have my best luck on shadlike colors. anything shiny works most times too. alot of guy's love firetiger. and you can alway's experiment.

You might want to stop by the Gander in Maplewood. 50% off all fishing tackle. Not much left of the Rapalas, but there was still a good selection of Reef Runners and some of the Berkley baits. Only problem is you have to get there before 6pm.

There are several colors that work on the Croix,my go to colors are %$#$%$@ and @#&&%$%$#.There ive said it,now you know my secrets.Just kidding,Its always a good bet to use natural colors on the Croix.If Im on a different body of water,Ill find out what the forage is and try to mimmick those bait fish.Also try something totally different,have you ever seen anything swimming in the water that looks like firetiger pattern?maybe the flash of that color ressembles a perch to a fish.Lots o sizes colors and shapes to choose from,find five you like and develop some confidence in those choices.......

Sometimes the St. Croix is more clear and other times it's a tad bit murky. When it's clear I prefer natural baitfish colors. When it's more murky I go with wonderbread or firetiger. Sometimes, I just try them all... grin.gif more fun that way.