• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Geno......It's Monkey Time!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Come on Geno,

You know my cousin Eddie was at the Cubs game this weekend. He flew in from Las Vegas and met up with his other cousin Clark, from Chicago. You know, the guy who is in the food preservation business and you know what my Cousin Eddie said about the game.....Come on Geno.....Say it with me....

I AIN'T SEEN A BEATING LIKE THAT SINCE THEY STUCK A BANANA DOWN MY SHORTS AND TURNED A MONKEY LOOSE !!!

Windy

Geno, The Sox didn't take a beating this year. They couldn't because they never even showed up!!! laugh.gif

Right you are Jolly, and I forgot that Windy already declared them "dead" to him some months ago. And we all know not to beat a dead horse - 'cept Windy!

Ah, what a lovely post season can do to the ole Cubbie fans. Tick Tick Tick

Let's celebrate the centenial....100 years of futility on the North side of Chicago.

Windy

This is like a Mets fan trying to find any way possible to rub it in that the Skankees are done. At least the Amazin' Ones waited until September to curl up and die.

Windy-

I like the fact of how the cubs have lost in the last 5 postseason's---

1984-- 3 in a row to the PADRES (all 3 at home)

1989 3 in a row to the Giants

1998 3 in a row to the Braves

2003 3 in a row to the Marlins

and the latest episode of cubs fever,, (catch it if (when you can)

2007 3 in a row to the D-Backs.

Way to go cubs!!! Ever want a sure bet?? BET agst the cubs in the postseason with all you got. It's as sure as the sun going down in the evening--- it's always going down on the cubs!!!!!

Mud,

Maybe we should put a Benjamin down on the Cubbies next year...TO LOSE. One dollar for each year of futility.

TICK TICK TICK 100 years and counting. I think the last time the Cubbies won it all, Geno was a freshman in high school, sound about right, ole man? LOL

Windy

I am Gene JR so, yes, Geno did see the last Cub champ team.

Oops...I'm talking NL champ, not WS though. Now, my Grandpa.....

Geno, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist....

From The Onion

—Following the Cubs' first-round elimination from the playoffs, a stunned and confused Lou Piniella asked umpires and reporters to clarify the rules of division-series play, claiming he "could have sworn" that advancing to the NLCS involved losing three games as quickly as possible. "I thought we had the Diamondbacks right where we wanted them—we looked terrible out there, we had all the momentum on their side, and it seemed like the other team was practically trying to win," said Piniella, who claims he began getting suspicious before Game 3 due to the ease with which he lost the first two games. "Though, I guess when you think about it, this way makes lots more sense." Piniella promised that he would attempt to win the games in the NLDS next year should the Cubs amass the 90 losses needed to make it to the postseason.

Hi Buzz. Good to hear from you. I hope all has been well.

Excuse the Cubbies avatar. I joined Geno's bandwagon after the Twinks started making tee times and have not changed back yet.

Pier my french loving friend, how have you been? Life has been good for me, busy chasing my two young ones around and taking pictures of nature and stuff. wink.gif

Buzzard,

My brotha from anotha motha, WASSSSUPPPP!

Windy

Windy Windy Windy.... I see "our" teams faded from glory this season while the Cubbies "made" the post season... I'm just glad you and Geno have become web friends over the years. grin.gifwink.gif The real question is: Did Adrian peterson just give the Bears a spanking or what last week? It was a truly great performance wouldn't you agree? That little Hester is special as well.

Awright, Buzz, glad you are back.

Hester is the luckiest guy I ever saw.

GO PACK!

Geno,

Please tell me you are just kidding? Lucky. The boy is pure talent. He sees the seems that are not there for most players and hits a gear that most people just dream about. Look at his average per touch against the entire NFL and he is something like 20x better than anybody else.

Buzz, it was definitely AP vs DH and the rest of the Bears and Queens just stood around watching. I have to admit, I turned the game off when it was 31 to 17 and the Bears were looking like crapola. And yes, our baseball teams did get all the best Tee times this year and I guess you could say the Cubbies made it to the playoffs, kind of, they were the least smelly turd in the NL Central toilet bowl and really showed what they were made of once they hit the playoffs. After all, they are the Cubs, nothing new. I have a great photo that I would love to post for Geno but I can't figure out how to do it. It is in an email that was sent to me. I know you are the photo guru so maybe you can help, I know Geno would get a chuckle out of it.

So are you back in the sandbox playing with all the kids now? Talk to you later.

Windy

I will say Hester is lucky in the sense that there are still NFL coaches out there dumb enough to kick to him. I know they don't want to give up that much field postition but 10 yards per punt given up to kick it out of bounds can't be better than the risk of him taking all the way.

Kickoffs may be a different story but if a coach punts to him again anywhere near the inside of the hashmarks he should be fired on the spot.

I have the Bears Special teams/defense in my fantasy football league so I like Hester. tongue.gif It's easy once you figure out how to do it... see....

87361497.jpg

The poor kid'll be scarred for life now.

The only good thing about that WSox pacifier is that it will keep a WSox fan's trap shut --- look in your mailbox at Xmastime, Windy. On the other hand, you'll probably need a half-dozen or so methinks.

Probably! I had one of my IT guys help me get this off my email.

Windy