Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ec30_06

High water in the fall?

4 posts in this topic

I wonder what this high water will do to the fall walleye bite. I found some spots yesterday that looked really good. Most of them are spots that held fish this spring. The bait fish are stacked up pretty good right now, so that should concentrate the eye's and some late season cats.

Kind of reminds me of 2004 and I did really good in spots that normally don't hold fish. Opie was thinking the same thing...

Was down at 35W bridge launch this morning! They seem to have most all of the storm junk out of there! Water is as high as it was this June/July.

Up north, the water level is a totaly differnt story!

The high water I dont think will deter the eyes from biting, I just hate fishing in the swift current. If the rain stops soon I will be out looking for the eyes, most of the places I fish for them they are there all year.