Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

Oct 06 report....................maybe07 to

7 posts in this topic

Well,as I type right now Im waiting for this early AM storm to pass by.Looks like a pretty good light show is heading this way.Will be looking for fish in the Bayport area this morning.I dont anticipate the weather to hurt fishing,Its not a cold front.From what I saw yesterday up in the Osceola area,we may see the Croix rise some more in the next week.Im a little suprised it hasnt gone up more already with all the rain we have had lately.Good luck this weekend to all,Ill post my findings today when I return..

Today didnt go to bad,found eyes in 18-20fow early on but could only get them to go on crankbaits.Tried rigging and jigging in the same area with no success.Headed south of the 94 bridge to try my luck down stream but drew a blank.The water down south of the 94 bridge was much clearer than up river.You can see the difference as soon as you hit the Hudson nowake.Surface temps ranged from 62 to 66 today.Silvers as usual are commiting suicide.....Good luck out there.........

Thanks for the report... cool.gif

Any size to them eyes??

Nothing huge,16-18inchers. Good eatin size fish,but ive still got a few fillets in the freezer so they are back the the wa.Did anyone get out today?

I couldn't believe how much the river has risen in the last couple of weeks. Saw plenty of walleys and smallies on the camera in 12 - 15 feet but they where pretty tight lipped! Managed a couple of crappies and a bunch of rock bass before the sun went down. It was almost the perfect evening on the river!!

Quote:

Did anyone get out today?

Made it out from 10-2, couldn't keep the crappie off the minnows. Got a couple small sauger on the deadstick trying something different - tied a clown husky jerk rigged on a 3 way 4 ft off the bottom. Ran into a guy at Boomsite launch that got an 11 lb eye north of Stillwater while checking out the fall colors with his wife. He said he got it on a stick bait as well.

LB