• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tips for fall fishing next couple days?

Hi all, I'm looking for any tips on fishing walleye's this time of year. I'm somewhat new to Walleye angling and am hoping to get a couple in the boat for myself and 12yr old son. We are going to fish Bear Head Lake the next couple days but not quite sure how to approach fall walleye fishing. I do have some lindy rig experience in the summer but am thinking that this likely is not the presentation to use right now. I did pick up a bunch of Rainbow minnows and am thinking a little jigging? But where would you focus? Shallow, deep, transitions, etc....that's where my inexperience shows through. Just not sure on patterns or where to start. Also thinking we might look for some Crappies...any tips there would be great as well.

So, to sum it up....any thoughts on presentation/tactics and depths for Walleye and Crappies fishing near Ely/Tower area on Bear Head Lake the next few days would be a BIG help. Doeen't have to be specific to Bear Head...just some general direction would be great.

I really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!!!

Smallie

Lindy Rigs always work. We've been catching walleyes hand over fist on vermilion with Chubs, rainbows and last night were were using shiner minnows and hammered the fish.(One guy using a gold spinner one guy using a chartruese bead). Trolling fast.

wow....that was quick...thanks sledneck.....so, lindy rigs with a minnow, maybe a spinner, maybe a bead, trolled faster.....what about depths? What are your thoughts on where to look for'em?

We seemed to catch them in all depths. Alot we caught in 10 feet and even 7 feet. Earlier in the day we caught them in 18-20 feet. But each specific area might be different.