Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Big Guy Outdoor Stuff

9 posts in this topic

When you go out fishing or hunting, it's almost like the sport calls to Big Guys, mountain men.

I'm 6'4" and wear a size 16 boot.

I am wondering, where do other big guys find their camo, boots, apparrel? I can usually find stuff in catalogs and online, obviously, but is there a place to go to find it halfway cheap where I can try it on and get it in person? I hate when stuff is on clearance and the only stuff around is small, medium, and large, with shoe sizes that only run to 10-11 tops. Anybody else have this problem? And has anyone found a good place?

Thanks.

I have seen alot of clearence camo, and orange at fleetfarm in lakeville, 3x,4x and they have several racks of them after slug season is over. Its worth a try, and I have gotten stuff that was tagged at $250 for $20

Im 6'6" and 270# I also where a 16 Ice King. I can usually find stuff to fit at Gander or Cabelas and at the right time of year save some cash but if you want something and cant wait for a sale us big guys have to pay to play.

I am in the same boat. I am 6'7 and pushing 350+ with a size 15 shoe and it is a bear to find things. Like NL said you have to pay to play.

Bigswede where ya been. Havent see ya in a long time. Maybe catch ya ice fishin on the river or lake?

I'm 6'7" and well over 270 (but working on going the other way with it) smy problem is that I have problems with my feet so I need to try everything on, either 14's or 15's. I have no problem paying full price if I need it (at least that is what I tell the bride grin.gif) and it goes on my feet. There are not many stores with deals, The mall of america has the nordstrom rack store which I find good deals on regular shoes, but for hunting and hiking, I usually end up using store pts. (cabelas and Bass pro) or some kind of coupon. Cabelas once in a while gets a big haul of big kid shoes, but not as much as they used to. as far as hunting clothes go, I am to the point now of just getting bibs for pants and knowing that they will be highwater no matter what. ah the price for not being average smirk.gif

Yeah, if anybody reads this and has big feet, I felt like a woman shoe-shopping at NordStrom Rack. I found boat shoes, leather dress shoes in all brown and black, wingtips, hush puppies, slippers, Doc Martens, new Basketball shoes...They had everything I ever wanted half price in size 16, and went up to like 21.

How about a brand of good hip boots that a fellow with big calfs and high arches can get into and where are they at?

Thanks

SAY CLARKFIELD OUTDOORS HAS ALOT OF 3XL AND 4XL STUFF. VERY REASONABLE. GIVE THEM A TRY.