• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka Outdoors store closed????

Has anyone heard anything about Minnetonka Outdoors being closed? I have called them all week and nobody answers during store hours. The messages I left have not been returned. And when I sent them emails they got bounced back.

Hope they have been out hunting or something of that sort. Please let me know if you have been in the store at all this week.

I'll check. They were open last week and have been busy guiding but I also noticed they haven't had any new inventory in months.

I went in there a couple of weeks and saw a for sale sign in the window. It's a shame they were great guys to talk to in there. Kind of a bad spot in my oppinion, so maybe that had something to do with it. Hopefully if he did sell he will miss it and reopen somewhere else. Keeping my fingers crossed. I guess I'll have to pick my little atom plastics somewhere else.

Was next door at the marine supply store and asked the owner. He said they closed the doors and they had someone ask about buying the place. Didn't know what they planned to do with the space though. Going to have to buy your own sain soon. Closest place will now be Wayzata now I think. Anyone know spot for bait on south side of the lake now. Gas station on 7 & 5?? So much for hitting the water quickly.

Ivens Sinclar on Hwy 101 and Hwy 5 in Chan sells bait not a huge selection but they have to basics and a little bit of your main type tackle - also its another localy owned Co. To bad to see MTK outdoor go...

Wow.

I really thought that with Gander Mountain leaving the area business would boom for them.

I talked to Greg back in August and he sad he was closing the store. He said the guiding was busy, but the store was pretty quiet. Its to bad the big box stores are taking over!

Greg had things that you dont find at Gander or Cabela's.

I stopped out a few weeks back. Specifically passed Gander and when I got there, there was as sign on the door that they were sick for the day. I was a little miffed and decided to reroute my efforts through Wayzata Bait. I am sure with Gander being in a more accessible location, they took a lot of business. The guys at Wayzata are extremely helpful. FYI

The Gas Station just 2 blocks west of the Spring Park access has bait. They stepped up the bait and fishing supplies once the Spring Park bait store got forced closed. They are located at shoreline dr and interlachen (sp)...........the Spur!

They were my hookup for spoonplugs and some oddball muskie baits not available at many places.

They didn't seem to know the lake very well though.

There's also bait at the gas station off HWY 7 & Christmas lake road- I stop there often during the hardwater season.

Do they carry a full range of minnows at the Hwy 7/Christmas Lake Rd gas station? Last time I was in there I asked what they carried and the response was "More bait come tomorrow or tonight." I left without inquiring further.

I stopped by there today and they were still open but they had just about everything on clearance and alot of the shelves were looking pretty empty. I was told that the store is for sale and they do have a potential buyer. If the sale goes through they should be able to continue operation. If not, the store may have to close at the end of the month. I will be sorry to see them go.

On a lighter note, they have most lures etc, marked 40% off.

That's a shame. That was such a mom n pops type of store. Dogs running around, free popcorn, the giant tip-up in the winter. A fishing community loses a little something when little stores like that close up for good.