Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
castagain

Ely Lodging

4 posts in this topic

I've been elected the "one" to plan our spring fishing trip in 08. Anyone share any details and input on lakeside lodging for 4 persons? Will be coming in June. Bringing boats. Much appreciated!

Here's a place to start:

http://www.ely.org/lodging/resorts.php

No matter where you stay make sure you make it to Stony Ridge Resort for a burger. They have the best burgers in the world.

A lot really depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. Burntside, Snowbank, Tofte, and Little long can be tough fishing for someone new to them. They also can produce some trophies. Big lake is a fairly productive walleye fishery for "eaters". Shagawa, White Iron/Farm, Birch, and Moose offer lots of accessible variety. The stretch from Ely to Babbitt have smaller bodies of water that can be easier to figure out.

Pretty much any resort you pick will go out of their way to help put you on fish. If you're looking for natural shore lines with less shore line development; I'd suggest looking up the echo trail. For comforts you can pretty much tell by the brochures, prices, and websites what to expect. Sorry to come off so vague, maybe you could post a little more info on what your group is after in regard to fishing and lodging.

I can't think of a Resort up there that will not be a pleasant experience.

I would second the resorts up along the Echo Trail area. If your looking for more of a secluded resort with less boat traffic. If your looking to stay closer to the town and have more ammenities close by this probably wouldn't be for your group. Good fishing in all the lakes mentioned. Some of course take alittle longer to figure out. You'll have a good time.

Farmer