• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whitefish Chain October bass fishing?

I am thinking of coming up to the WFC next weekend. I have never been fishing this late in the season. I would like to get into pike and bass. Are the weeds still fishable or have they died off. If the weeds are gone is it worth coming up? I usually come up the end of September and the fishing is pretty good.

I fished a smaller chain of lakes south of the whitefish last weekend and I am going back tomorrow. The weeds had started to die off. I would say its worth coming up though, we found bass and pike in the weeds that were left using spinnerbaits and chatterbaits. We also got some real nice bass on steep drop offs with jig and worm. The bass are really starting to get fat.

A lot of the weeds are still alive and well, caught plenty today. We caught bass, northerns and walleyes. Most of the fish we caught were between 20-37 feet. The largest walleye was 25.5 inches. We did catch bass out as deep as 34 feet.

Walleyedan

Fished the same two lakes again today got nice northerns on mepps lure, and a couple good one on lindy rig and min biggest was about 9 lbs.