• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch?

Kyle Sandberg

Mabye planning a trip to Mille lacs soon. Possibly targeting perch during the day and fishing around Isle. I know everyone says follow the crowds, but if I want to start my own, what depth are people looking in for perch. Thanks for the help.

Two weeks ago we fished the south end of Malone Island, first boat out, ended up being about 50. Did well sorted and kept about 40. Last weekend took the grandkids fished next to Hunter Winfields dock. Kept another forty, a few boats and some fishings off the dock. The fish were everywhere just had to sort. Jig with a twister tail, no bobber caught fewer fish but average was larger.

I talked to some guys last week that were bobber fishng in 4 fow on the west side and catching perch like crazy, they said they were keeping 1 out of 10.

Quote:

Malone island!

When I was young, any boat harbor or lauch dock on the west side.

Also a side note: Wade out in shorts or waders on west side into reeds or cat tails. I would get a ton of jumbo perch, before anyone thought of keeping them! Jig and a crappie minnow, with a sip bobber!

Good luck!

I wrote this last week! I know the west and east are worlds apart as far as structure and depth from shore, but I always Like on the west side, right at the end of reeds or cat tails.

East side, shallow and find them with elec's or viewer! Plastics or jig and minnow!

Good luck!