Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Giant_Jackpot

October Pike on the Rainy?

Giant_Jackpot

Does anyone target pike on the Rainy in October? I’ve been coming up for walleye for the past 15 years and always have a blast and usually some good luck but thought I might try a little pike fishing as well. We spend most of our time in the Wheelers Point area. Any pike tips would be appreciated.

SVO

Spent the last weekend in September fishing the river with my dad and others. My dad loves pike fishing. He spent the whole time trolling one ounce spinner baits tipped with minnows from River Bend resort to the white church right next to the weeds. They caught several over ten pounds and had a great time. Good luck.

Royal Dutchman

It's actually a pretty good way to double-dip the Rainy.

I like to pull a #12 or #14 Husky Jerk upstream as close to the weedline as possible and a #5 or #7 Shad Rap on the outside. Good chance of picking up nice eyes and sauger on the outside. We catch our biggest saugers doing this.

The weed line is a pretty good indication of depth but doesn't hurt to watch the graph for in/out adjustments.

Silver is the color for Shad Raps and silver, clown, firetiger for the Huskies.

Definitely some snags to find but reverse direction and have a fair chance of getting off. I refuse to stop fishing when someone snags a $ .50 jig in my boat but I will back-up for a $10 crank!

I fish upstream from Baudette (East) and caught pike to 40" this summer. I figure 90% of the pike I catch come within 10' of the weedline.

Actually considered it yesterday because I did so poorly with bait. Might today.

CRITTER

Go,Go, JackPot. When your thinking about a cup, I'll be drinking from mine!

Giant_Jackpot

Thanks for the replies on the pike. I just might have to give it a try.