Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigsandyguy

Marine/ Copus Area water levels.

3 posts in this topic

Anyone been up in this area lately? Wondering what the water levels are like compared to this time last year.......want to know if I can bring the big boat, or if I have to bring the little guy. I know the area pretty well, and am wondering if I can get by with my 150. Thanks!

Then water levels are generally up right now but I'd keep the bigger rig put away for the first trip. Saw sandbars I have never seen before upriver this year but this last Saturday it appeared the water was up and that the sandbars are now once again shoals. Haven't been to the Copas area but I would say make the first trip with the smaller rig and if you feel you can get the bigger boat in after that then come back and drop it in. At least that way you can fish and explore a bit and decide whether you can get the big boat in.

Tunrevir~

Thanks for the help! I love that area up there, but never seem to get up there until fall. If the water level is as high as it was last year, I can usually take the big rig. How's fishing been?