Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scorp1

Mantrap Muskie Action.

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about driving up and fishing Mantrap tomarrow and I was curious what the Muskie fishing has

been like.

I have only fished the lake twice this year we really were not evening targeting ski's more pike but managed to get a 40 and 38in ski along with a bunch of northerns between 5-9 lbs. But have been there since late Aug. But we saw couple big Ski's surfacing in the morning in several areas.

fishing high we know you caught those two fish out of season in may but seriously lets post someting with relevance in terms of up to date time frame. i know that they have been catching a few on pearl/nickle showgirls not cowgirl and a few fish on suckers on quickstrike rigs. topwater is a great choice as well on warm afternoons i suggest weagles and vipers a hog wobbler would also be a good choice if you have the patience to fish them. don't be afraid to pull cranks on edges after dark as well.

Scorp,

throw up some results if you get a chance, would like to hear how other musky hunters are faring, since I haven't been out for a while.

dan

Hey Guys,

I drove up for the day and the Muskie action was slow. I

had a muskie up on a Double Chopper, She came in real fast

and I went to the L Turn and than she turned away. So I

continued working the spot and nothing. The other fish was

Northern also on Topwater. I was surprised that the fish

were chasing topwater.

Hey Dano! You down at school now, fishing French? Haven't been out much, but hitting Little Boy and Wabedo tomorrow. grin.gif

Yeah, I am down at Gustavus, haven't been out on French yet. I have been spending most of my time out on Tonka or goose hunting. As far as fish go nothing exciting to report yet. Good luck out on Wabedo and LB. I am pumped for a break from school so I can get back up to musky country.

dan

father guided on trap today they got a 37 and had one other bite both on suckers on the edge.