• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favorite Duck Call?

My duck call of 10 years+ is in need of replacement. Looking to buy something for under $40.00. Anyone recommend a call with a good sounding greeter and feeder? Thanks.

I have been using a Primos "wench" for a couple of years now with pretty good calling success. Not sure ho much it costs though. Im sure there will be a few good suggestions.

Echo or RNT, look how many years you had the last one. Why not go big?

The primos Yo sista or phat lady are good calls and they're $25 i think. Otherwise Quackhead calls are sweet and they're usually $20-30.

I would go with the echo poly/diamondwood calls. Less than $50.

Check out Doc Hulls calls. I just got a DD-1 and it is a sweet call. Custom call for a matter of fact. And it DOES NOT stick. Every other call I ever blew into sticks after a while when saliva gets in it. I am telling you this one does not stick. They are around 40-50 bucks.

Quote:

The primos Yo sista or phat lady are good calls and they're $25 i think. Otherwise Quackhead calls are sweet and they're usually $20-30.

Ditto

Quote:

I would go with the echo poly/diamondwood calls. Less than $50.

I'll second that. I love my echo poly double-reed...$30

primos wench or haydels DR-85...both little plastic calls, both around $12 or $14 tops

save your $ for your decoys, boat, gas, etc

Haydel's DR-85 should be near the top of the list of great, inexpensive duck calls.

I also have a dirt cheap Duck Commander that sounds great as well.

Quote:

i dont know about yours but when they get wet or have built up moisture they lock up, but for $15-20 bucks and constantly stuffing them in your waders there awesome calls.

really really loud nasty call. loud enough to muster out a competition hail call.

the loretta hen(another primos call) is a great call..sounds like a nasty old dirty whore hen.

The Quackheads sound feakin great and there super cheap.

Also my favorite call is a mick lacy duck call. I cant remember what its called but i didnt pay more than $30 bucks for it.

If you do feel like spending some money i would throw in for a foiles strait meat mallard i believe its around $125

just my $0.02

Thanks to all for the replies, I'll be using one of them this weekend. MJ......what's up?

MJ-Bring your calls this weekend and show me what you got.

Would it be Ok to shoot a few while we work?

Quackerboy's Suzie-Q is a great call.Dynomite highball,easy feeder and a nice sounding raspy quack.

Tim Grounds Sweet Meat is a great call. its 1 1/2 reed that rely wines and gets raspy. only like $50

I've been ridiculed by others in person & on wfc for not using a $100 call. I say BS, I've had very good luck using Primos and other inexpensive calls and have had the same luck shootin birds as those who have preached the RNT's and other $$ calls. its not the call ,but the caller who decides the ult.outcome.