Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMF89

Boat Rentals?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I might be going to college up there in 09, and although the college does rent ice houses and augers, does anyone know where I can get a boat? I have a canoe, is there any public points to store them, and is Lake Bemidji worth fishing in a canoe? Any small bays and such? Otherwise, is there any marina that rents out boats? Thanks for your help guys.

There are so many lakes in the bemidji area that you wont even need to worry aboot going onto Bemidji to fish. Lake Irving is connected to it and you can have just as good of fishing on that lake with your canoe. Canoe fishing all depends on the weather. I have taken my 17 footer out 2 miles onto Red Lake and didnt have any problems. BTW try not to rely to much on the rental fish houses and augers the school has they only have hand augers and one small fish house even with persistent urging from the student body. your best bet, would be to find some friends who will have some of the equip already (which is very easy to do at Bemidji)

Well I have an auger and ice house, as well as a canoe and 30lb thrust trolling motor. The only problem being storage. I can't keep it all in my car/dorm, so what do I do with it?

Sounds like you may need to rent a townhouse or a regular house while your up here at college... I stayed in the Dorms at BSU my first year-and I don't regret a minute of it-but when I rented a house in town it was roughly the same price and A LOT more room too... We keep 3 portable fish houses and all the ice fishing accesories in the living room.. It was fun to see after a night or day of fishing, all the portables set up and drying out in the living room...

Beef

Not sure what the monthly cost might be, but I know there are a few storage places in town, and they have small units for rent (some 4ft by 8ft possibly?). One is located on Irvine Ave, just north of town (and is close to the university) Beef or one of the Bemidji guys might know the name of it. Just an option...

Good luck!

Paul Bunyan Mini Storage