• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finalized Agenda for Fall Frenzy

Paul Waldowski

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

My fishing partner is usually the only one to post on this thing. I bought myself a boat just to get on the big pond this weekend. I deserve the signed dollars, right? I hope the fishing gods smile upon me, they have answered my prayers thus far this year.

Troy,

I've gotta try that one out on my wife. I can just heard it now... "Honey go ahead and pick up that new ranger for this weekend so you can collect a couple of autographed dollars from the guys. There will be a lot of those dollars... Right?" laugh.giflaugh.gif

Must be nice!!! If I tried that, I would be sleeping in the garage in my boat.

Borch, last call for a complimentary Steak for Sat. Let me know today. Picking some up tonight after 4:30. You won't be disappointed, awesome fillets.

Quote:

Paul and Deitz the last ones standing?!

Based on past get togethers that is
VERY
unlikely.
laugh.gif

har har har... was that a Deitz passed out joke?

I'm still trying to decide which pose I'm going to use to hold that lunker walleye? I cant wait to add more signed dollar bills to my collection! I plan on putting Chris and Borches right next to Jonny P's and Wayne Ek's...

Quote:

Must be nice!!! If I tried that, I would be sleeping in the garage in my boat.

Borch, last call for a complimentary Steak for Sat. Let me know today. Picking some up tonight after 4:30. You won't be disappointed, awesome fillets.

Sounds good. Let it be said that I've never turned down a complimentry steak. smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Paul and Deitz the last ones standing?!

Based on past get togethers that is
VERY
unlikely.
laugh.gif

har har har... was that a Deitz passed out joke?

I'm still trying to decide which pose I'm going to use to hold that lunker walleye? I cant wait to add more signed dollar bills to my collection! I plan on putting Chris and Borches right next to Jonny P's and Wayne Ek's...

Best laid plans Bro...Best laid plans...

I hope you catch a few nice ones Deitz. I haven't fished that general area at all in the fall. So I guess I'll need to rely on beginners luck. wink.gif I'm hoping that we'll luck into a few of the big gals. laugh.gif

Paul how low is the lake right now? I was just going over the lakemaster chip checking out the reefs and was wonder what they will actually top out at this weekend with the low water levels.

I was wondering the same thing about the water levels right now. I went over the Lakemaster program on the computer last night and generated 6 maps with waypoints marked out and I am assuming that the water level is down a bit from the time the maps were made.

Paul or anyone else, do you know how the maps compare to the actual water level at this point in time? Most of my points were in 10 fow and I am assuming from previous trips to the pond this year that it is about 2 feet lower than the time the map was made.

Tom

I'll be up guiding Friday night and Saturday but will do my best to stop by. This sounds like a blast!!! Ya gotta have somebody "representin'" the toothy critters. My fish could eat your fish!!!! LOL. Travel safe everyone. Steve

Jonesi, I'll be representing the tooth crew, not to worry! Shhhhhhhh..................... just don't pass along any of those tips you gave me last night, I thought that was "insider info"! I'll give you a call when she hits the bottom of the net! Hope to see you.

To the rest: Game on for the 'ski dollar wager, and I'll be donating to the walleye wager too! See you all tomorrow. Latest was winds at SSE at 11 mph.

Chris

Quote:

Sounds good. I'll get a fillet around 3/4 of a lb or so.

You obviously haven't met Borch. blush.gif

No, just here. I just got off the phone with the meat market. He will have one weighing in at 1 lb.!!

He needs the "guide treatment" looking forward to this grin.gif

Subtract about 3ft from your chip depth - that's what it was for us last week. Hanson, you get that special short trolling rod at Dean's that is reservsed only for the short bus riders?? grin.gif Weather is looking better. I already know the fish are there.

Quote:

Subtract about 3ft from your chip depth - that's what it was for us last week.

Good to know on the depth. A few of the reefs I was looking at will have very skinny water on top, (Maybe even a rock or two out of the water). Several others should be good though. wink.gif

Thanks for the info Mark, I knew it was down somewhere between 2 and 3 feet. Its a good thing I set up the trolling lines on the computer for 10 fow then, should put us somewhere close to 7 feet or so. So close, yet so far away....A day can seem like an eternity sometimes. We should be up there around 1 tomorrow.

I was fishing last weekend with LakeMaster chips and thought the water was down 3-4 feet from what the chip said, at least in some spots.

Also ..... and this is VERY important ........ because of how the maps are made they are MUCH more accurate on sharp shoreline breaks and on mid-lake structure. They are NOT THAT ACCURATE in shallow rocky water close to shore where there are not consistent breaklines. When they make the maps they drive until they hit contours and then follow the contours, they DO NOT cover every square inch of the lake. You can and will find shallower rocky spots on the shoreline flats that are not marked on the maps and chips. For those of you that don't recognize it, that is the voice of experience grin.gif

I'm coming up on Saturday afternoon and fishing Saturday night, it looks like I'll have 1 or 2 open seats in my boat in case someone needs a spot to fish. Let me know.

Hi all,

I talked to Matt Johnson tonight at Thorne Bros and he lit up when I told him of my weekend plans and was jealous! He talked up Appeldoorn's of course and the outstanding food and accomodations! I may be paraphrasing just a little, but it sounds like we should be asking Paul to run the grill for us! Matt J passes along best wishes and good luck to all!

Pending on weather and how easy/comfortable it is for me to take the "other half" out I may have a few hours to chase 'skis if anyone is interested. Talked to Jonesi last night and we're in good water, very good water! Keep that in mind, and I have all the gear to take anyone, or two for that matter as long as you can overhead cast grin.gif, out to chase the big torpedo girls.

See y'all tomorrow, Chris

I'm not sure about you two though.......... You guys likely smell like cut bait and bullies! grin.gif

If the weather is poor and she chooses to stay ashore.....game on!

Chris

Hey, that smell is hard to get off of your hands! It stays with ya a day or two before its gone. Many, many times of washing hands does not even dent the smell sometimes!

At least my wife tells me! grin.gif

Getting ready for some Mille lacs fishing. Playing around with my marine band!

Batteries charged and ready to troll!

See or talk on radio to you guys this weekend!

Good luck!

Quote:

Probably wouldn't be hard to talk Dtro & I into that.

as easy as

"hey, you wanna......." cool.gif

So what's the deal with this Rain??

There were a couple cracks of thunder last night that made me jump out of bed thinking the war was starting. blush.gif

Rain I can deal with, this lightening can stop anytime!!!

The weather dude says it's moving out of the metro and will be done by noon, heading north. Saturday will be warm.

My guide date for today had to reschedule, so I'll be there after I pick up my boat.What time are we grillin'??? It doesn't rain under water and it's not windy down there, so the fish WILL eat.Positive Mojo coming North!!! Eat, sleep, fish? No, fish, have a Marb and a Red Bull, then fish some more. Can't catch 'em from da couch!!! Steve

5 hours till I head north!!!

I can smell the fish on my hands already! Fish on!~

Wish i made it up for this man i bet you guy's are killin them or at least havin a few brews.Would like to hear how you all did and who ended up winning all those signed bills. Paul if you can find time no hurry shoot me the best price you can for during the week in January say the 7th-9th noon on the 7th till noon on the 9th in a 2-4 man fishhouse sleeper thanks and all you have a great time. cool.gif[email protected]