Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_V

93 Taurus fuel filter???

Ryan_V

Where would I find the fuel filter on this car??? 3 litre engine. It's my run-a-round car with the high gas prices. every once in a while it will spit and sputter and then kill. start it up and it goes just fine....then maybe in a day it'll do it again. now it seems like it's missing once in a while as well. it only does this at stops/slow speeds, never on the highway. I've also noitced the milage drop quite a bit from about 25-26 to 20. my first try will be the fuel filter, anyone have any other ideas??? the car isn't worth that much, but it's in great shape, has only 90XXX miles and gets 25+ mpg when it's running right.

Scott K

Ryan the fuel filter on this is under the car in front of the paasenger rear tire. I would do a tune up ,plugs wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. This should take care of your missfire. Check the coil wire, pull it off, they tend to get pretty coroded.

If this doesnt take care of it, it could be a fuel pump, or an egr sticking open, you could pull the vac hose off the egr and see if it still does it, if its ok, then its in the egr system.

Shack

You also will need spring coupler removal tools and look out for brittle lines! It should be in good shape (low miles), but you never know!

Only other thing I could think of is T.P.S.!

Good luck!

Scott K

For the fuel filter on the 93, they have replacable plastic clips, this fuel filter you wont need the spring lock tool.

Shack

Are they the pull plastic white clips? I know they changed this around that time 93-95!

Scott K

Yes they are the plastic clips. Fuel filter Fg-800

eurolarva

Fuel filter service on that car is something like 40K miles. If it is plugged your fuel pump is probably toast as well. Had this happen to my F150. I was told if I replaced the fuel filter when I was suppose to it would not have taken out my fuel pump.

Shack

Its a very big shot in the dark! I have yet to see a fuel filter cause a failure. It is more preventative than any thing!

Scott K

I kind of agree, I cant prove that a plugged filter caused the pump to go bad, but it does make it work harder, in theory if its working harder, it wont last long! Fuel filters are cheap and most of the times easy to do, there isnt any excuse to blow them off more than 30k, in my opinion.

Jeremy airjer W

I think its pretty rare to have a fuel filter cause any driveability issues. I can recall one for sure on an old astrovan. The complaint was poor acceleration. After checking just about everything with no luck, I checked the fuel filter. Sure enough plugged solid. New fuel filter and it ran like brand new.

I agree that it will likely not solve your problem but it is good maintenance and will most likely prolong the life of the fuel pump.

Heres some info on what happens to a fuel pump when it fails What happens when a fuel pump fails

eurolarva

Quote:

Its a very big shot in the dark! I have yet to see a fuel filter cause a failure. It is more preventative than any thing!

Mechanic said it was the bad fuel filter. I think it was the planned obsolescence bomb. I bought the 70K warranty and the pump went out at 70100 miles.

Scott K

Sounds like the waranty company planned that deal just right grin.gif

Shack

Its a hit or miss with failed parts! If you change fuel filter every 30k, pump will last. Some times they go for no reason though!

I have seen a clogged fuel filter cause a pump to fail before, but not a sole reason for a drive concern (minus Airjer's Astro)!