• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another good day.  They put a plug in her trach so she may start talking a little.  She did say a couple of words (hi Austen), and more will come with time.  They also stopped the drainage tube going out of her head.  They have put her on blood pressure meds because her bloodpressure and heart rate were up a little.  They said that was normal when there has been trama to the head.  She will graduate to the next level, which they call 3/4th, across the hall in the same unit maybe tomorrow.  It has three patients to one nurse instead of one on one like she has had the past two weeks.  The projection was that she would be in the induced coma for at least two weeks and she is completely off that so she is really doing good.   Her spirits are good.  No use of her left side yet, but she did lift for left eye brow (trying to express herself) and that encouraged us.  Keep the prayers coming please.  We have proof that they work.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SKIPPERS KID

• Surface Tension

• Northlander

• Nate McVey

I light a candle each night since i found out, i been through 13 candles so far, and i have a lot left that i will keep lighting each night for her and her family, till she comes home..Thank you for the updates, it really makes me believe in hope.

St marys is where the flight for life heli took my daughter when she went into a coma, when she was bleeding in her brain. They pulled Heather through some rough times, but shes still here. The tumors are gone but from 9 years of chemo and 35 treatments of rad at 2 1/2 years old and gamma knife and on and on, she acts like a 9 month old little girl.. But i know from experience Deb is in the best place in my view...

I haven't been in the Duluth forum for a while but I just wanted to let you know that Deb, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like she is getting better everyday and I wish you the best! Keep thinking happy thoughts Skippers Kid.

It's hard to believe this is going into the third week with Debbie in ICU.  The last two days havn't  been as good.  Yesterday when we walked in to see her I could right away tell something wasn't right.  She whispered to us that  she felt like (Contact Us Please) (sorry I suppose I should have said crap but that's not what she said ) literally speaking she did.  She had a fever.  They had taken the drainage tube out of her head (which was only suppose to be a temp) and she was starting to swell in her brain.  After many tests Dr. Callahan decided that he should put a shunt into her head with a tube going to her stomach cavity.  This is done surgically.  He had previously told us this might have to be done.  This will be a permanent thing and will drain spinal fluids to be obsorbed into her stomach cavity.  They were going to do it at 3:30 today, but another emergency came up so this procedure will be done at 11:00 tomorrow.  Honna has to be busy cooking at our church all day and will also be doing my part of mashing potatoes for our Fall Harvest Dinner so Rhonda will sit with me as she has the day off from work.  Honna can use a mental break ( notice I didn't say phyisical because she will be very busy)  I would like to be at the church and I know she would like to be at the hospital.  The outside life still goes on.  Keep those prayers coming we still need them.  We'll let you know the results of the outcome.

Just feeling a little weary today

Things will get better

I do have the faith

My Bro in law is home and doing well so the added prayers go to you and yours!

Skippers Kid-

Prayers are coming your way from Rick's cousin (my hubby) and family. It is a small, small world! We'll continue to pray for strength for your whole family.

Carolyn "fishinchicks"

This is a great site when we talk about loved ones and the prayers you all have sent to god smirk.gif. This means so much to us all but when you love one so much and this happens to you and your family you really think about what you had and it was not bad at all. This makes one think that a bad day is not so bad after all as long as we have are health. I pray every day for Deb and her blood family and I hope they can come to let here healing start for here. and stay strong for here and not let her tuff times turn bad she will get thought this she is a fighter and one that will pull thought and look back at the support here on FM and I thank you all for your help at this time I love reading what you all post this is my life line and I thank god for you all smile.gif. May gods light shine on you all we all thank you love Tom smirk.gif.

Tom:

Again, still prayin on this end. No one deserves this, but so glad you have a great perspective on it.

I pray that God, the great physician, heals Deb fully and permanently.

Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tommy, just wanted to see if there has been any changes with Deb. I still think of you guy's often and the family continue's to pray for all of you. There hasn't been a post for awhile and I am sure the F.M. family would like to hear from ya. I will check back on Tuesday as I will be away from this until then. Hope thing's are going well. Went to the Dr's. twice this week and they say Rachael is doing fantastic grin.gif Nice to get good news once in a while. Here's to you my friend, hang in there. wink.gif B.C.

Well thank you all for your support on this site it means a lot to every one to now people like you care about other families and the prayers are well accepted . thank you all. Deb is at miller-Dwan and at polinskie rehabilitation center and she does know what is going on and speaks a little and a lot just depends on the day. She is making great progress but still no movement on the left side yet. she still has a long road ahead she has been in the hospital for 41 Days so far and it will be some time for her yet to come home. I will keep you all up to speed better than I have. Been working a lot and from work to the hospital and home eat and to bed and off to work again. So as things work I will post more thank you all. This is a site you can go to to see more off Deb's how she is doing.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/debbieradosevich

Tom I tried to sign in on the Guest Book but I guess the cookie blocker on my computer wont let me. Please tell Deb that Carrie and I are glad to see her smile on the picture on her page and look forward to being able to see and hug her soon. Still think about her at least daily. Glad things are looking up.

Oh and let her know I owe her one for beating me in pool at Highbanks last winter. wink.gif Tel her Im practicing a lot at work these days.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Debbie, and family continue to be in my thoughts and will be for that long haul.

Well I went to see deb just like every night and my mom and I could not get Deb to even open her eye's. My mom asked the nurse why she was so sleepy and the nurse said she fell out of her wheel chair and fell right on her head but on the left side it looks like you cut a base ball in half what a bruise. just on the other side of her head is where they still have here skull out this could have been bad. that she has no skull thank god she is ok she has a bad head ack. I hope she is doing better tomorrow so I can see her eye's open.

Not a religious man SK but my thoughts are with you and Debs. The human body is an incredible machine capable of healing almost anything. Keep your attitude high and the belief in your gal strong. Positive thoughts and energy coming your way. Pull though Deb!

I left The deer camp at 11am and on my way to see deb. I had a hard time to leave for three days but she was so happy when I got there. She said I hope you do not go again . She said she missed me allot. Well I said to her that she was on my mind the hole time I was there and she smiled and said glad you are hear. They had a small surgery to day at 9;30 am and she is doing great and a little movement in her left arm

--------------------

Tom pfister

• 1 month later...

Well it has been some time since I posted on Deb. I really feel bad for that but thing's have been crazy if you now what I mean. But I got my X-Mass wish early this year they told me I can take Deb out for X-Mass to my mom and Dads on X-Mass what a gift it will be for a short time but never the less she will get out for about 3 hours but what can I say this is the best for all of us cool.gif. Deb will have a great time it will be work but I am up for this any thing I can do I will for her now will help make thing's easier for recovery smirk.gif. I am so proud of her and it will take a long time for her but I will never leave her side laugh.gif. Well you all have a nice X-Mass with your loved ones and I will post some photos of our X-Mass together with franks help God Bless you all.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

What would Christmas be without a Miracle.

My Christmas just got better, I can now see beyond the glitter and tinsel and feel it.

I can only imagine the Joy that this will bring to Deb and those close to her.

I'll be there in spirit.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Tom its great to her that you and Deb will get to have some time away from the hospital and share it with family. We will continue to keep Deb in our prayers and I am SURE you will have a Merry Christmas laugh.gif