Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishwithteeth

Minnetonka

10 posts in this topic

Anyone having luck with walleyes or muskies? What time of day? Depth?

yeah, I haven't been out there for 2 weeks now.

Is anyone still fishing or is everyone else waiting a for the temp to drop?

What is the water temp now?

62?

temp is 62 good guess. Very slow so far. I can find fish. Jig and minnow would be the ticket but not my cup of tea. The eyes are holding on bottom transition near breaks - look for them around 20ft down. Weeds are still up but starting to lay down. The fall bite is coming....

Thanks for the info! Do you fish 'tonka until freeze-up? And how is fishing just prior to freeze-up?

buoy's still out? My GPS is well marked, but I like the added visible marker. smile.gif

Buoys are out and probably will be for another two weeks or so. And I fish Tonka until I can't break the ice at the landing. The musky bite is great in late fall and the big walleyes keep chomping too.

How is the pike fishing in the fall on 'Tonka? I noticed things are slowing down a little each week... at least for me. Maybe there is a trick to fall fishing for Pike. One might think the pike will be going more shallow this time of year, but the weeds are starting to die off as well. If anyone has any insight, let me know. E-mail: steffanf @hotmail.com

-Gregg B.

Quote:

temp is 62 good guess. Very slow so far. I can find fish. Jig and minnow would be the ticket but not my cup of tea. The eyes are holding on bottom transition near breaks - look for them around 20ft down. Weeds are still up but starting to lay down. The fall bite is coming....

Thanks for the temp and tips mark. I may try to get out on sunday.

Was out Saturday morning from about 9-11. 65 degree water. Couple walleyes in 25 feet of water. A few bass along the weed edge. The bite is still a ways off... bring on the cold weather.

Been having muskie luck over shallow weeds in the last hour of light using a sucker colored suick.

Good Luck

Mike Wallace