Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
eric29

Lab pups registration help

eric29

I just bought two lab pups and before i got them i was asking all the questions to the guy including-are the male and female restered and do you have the registration for the puppies. He said yes and flashed papers in the air. I paid no attention to what the papers were and when i went back to pick the pups up the registration paper sliped my mind. Now after about two weeks the guy gave me a bunch of different stories but no papers and now not answering his phone. I dont know what else to do. I know i made a mistake by taking the dogs without the papers in my hand, but giving the pups back is not an option now. Ive left him messages saying i need a good junk of the money back or the papers but i got nothing. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, thank you

tealitup

Is he a breader? I would send a certified letter to his address; do you have anything in writing from him saying his dogs were registered? A paper cliping? anything?

Kallista

Go to his house ..

LABS4ME

There are a lot of variables to your situation. Did you get a pedigree on both parents? Were they AKC issued pedigrees or hand typed... Do you feel you may not recieved a pup as described? ie: not a purebred, or different parents than advertised... What is your ultimate intentions with this dog? ie: hunting... pet... trials / hunt tests... Is he/she going to remain intact? If you are not going to run trials and /or breed, why waste the money registering him. There is no end result benefit to a registered dog except for the purpose of running sanctioned events and / or breeding purposes and the AKC getting a taste.

With that said, I'd still demand that he provide the registration papers for the pup to prove it is indeed a purebred and as advertised. If you decide to pay to register the dog, that will be your decision. But I'd at least get paper in hand for the proof, something is fishey if he isn't returning your calls... unless he's gone on a hunting trip or a family emergency. You have a year to register the dog, so don't jump the gun on him yet. Maybe he delayed registering the litter and is waiting for the final puppy registration applications from the AKC. This takes about 4-5 weeks. If he's a breeder and does not come up with the papers over the next month, contact the AKC and tell them your dilema. They will probably look to see if the litter was registered or not and maybe can hold some water over this guy to get him to shake the papers loose. I'd give him a little more slack yet and see what develops. I know in all the litters I've had, a couple of those recieved their papers a couple weeks after they went home, so he may be telling you the truth.

Hope it all works out...

Good Luck!

Ken

samtroy

was this guy from south western minnesota? This sounds like something i have been try to get for 3 years.

eric29

No, hes from Owatonna .

The main reason that i want the papers is so i know that they are pure bread. I paid alot of money for them to be some sort of mutt. I tried callin him again today and he answered but when he heard my voice he hung up the phone right away. Theres something fishy about that.

LABS4ME

Well, I guess, now you know where you stand. I'd start with the AKC and see if this guy has recently registered a litter of pups. From there explain what is going on. Then I think you will need to take him to small claims court for the value of the pup or producing the papers.

Good Luck!

Ken

tealitup

Quote:

Well, I guess, now you know where you stand. I'd start with the AKC and see if this guy has recently registered a litter of pups. From there explain what is going on. Then I think you will need to take him to small claims court for the value of the pup or producing the papers.

Good Luck!

Ken

Send a certified letter immediately stating your next step is to take him to small claims court for the maximum value of the dog. Remember that an older dog (started) is worth more then a puppy. You might have a case for asking for more then what you paid; however, you should know that if you win in court the judge could rule that if he pays you he could get the dog back (if he wanted).

LABS4ME

Quote:

however, you should know that if you win in court the judge could rule that if he pays you he could get the dog back (if he wanted).

Boy I don't see that happening. I'd say you'd win out on the basis that he did not fulfill his obligation to you to provide papers. I'd say the damages would be based on that alone. I bet the judgement would be he either provide the papers immediatley or some monetary damage.

I can't see any judge penalizing the person with the dog by taking it away from them (which he would be doing with that judgement).

If you go the small calims court route, have all your dates of conversations and any pertinent facts and any advertising(s) written down so it can be presented accuratley. Otherwise it will be a he said - she said court case.

Hope it all works out.

Good Luck!

Ken

tealitup

Unfortunately dogs are considered property. Lets say I buy a car from Labs4me - I get the car and he says that "I will send you the title." Three months go by and still no title - So I take him to court.

The judge may say - take the car back and give the money to the buyer... or produce the title.

IF YOU GO TO SMALL CLAIMS - your claim will be that you wanted to breed the puppies and without AKC paperwork you have lost out on "potential" income. 10 puppies at $500 per puppy is $5000 which I think is the maximum for small claims court.