Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shamrock7

Hazard markers

10 posts in this topic

Just thought some of you may want to know that they are picking up the hazard markers and channel markers. It appears as though Daisy Bay, Moc Point area thru Frazer Bay are all pulled at this time and as fast as they were going the entire east end will be done within a day or so.

.............Be careful out there.............

are they early this year?

Anytime after 10/1 they can be pulled. If it was me, I would be doing the same thing while it is still decent out.

It was funny seeing the bouy's lights blinking while sitting in a pile on the big dock at moc point last night in the dark.

I've only been on the lake a few years and don't usually venture into unknown areas after the buoys are pulled. How does one navigate Oak Narrows at this point, besides carefully? I assume that GPS is an option, but I don't have the means for that.

don't they usually leave the red and green on the west side in till late?

most of the markers are gone from west to est...the east are next

yes they leave those....although they are out by fectos

i hjave always tought it was a great time of year to get aguide...and fishing was great today...lets go forward!!!!

They were picking up the hazzard markers in Big Bay this morning.

Cliff