Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carpshooterdeluxe

sw minn duck opener

10 posts in this topic

how did everybody do in western/ south western minnesota for duck opener? i hunted by the pomme de terre river saturday and sunday by myself. stormed off sunday but got some teal and a spooner on saturday. it was an absolute war zone near lake oliver saturday. fun to listen to.

we had a pretty a good hunt on saturday between rain showers ended up 4 short of a limit. with a mix of teal, mallards, gadwalls, pintails, wood ducks, and widgeons. not quite as good sunday but still reasonable on south badger. probably head out there again next weekend if all goes as planned.

Ditto what perchpounder said. We weren't on Badger lakes but pretty close. Can't complain at all about Saturday other than that frickin lightning.

We shot our limit Saturday and Sunday. All blue wing teal with one redhead.

We set up just west of Current Lake both mornings. Saturday we ended up with 17 ducks and a goose between 4-guys. A mix of Mallards, Teal, and gadwall. Was a little erie hunting in the lightning. Sunday we struggled with our marksmanship a little, and only bagged 7. In all was a good weekend.

Great opener! Mallards, blues & greenwings, gadwalls, shovelers. Great hunting! Had some great shots and not so great. Fun had by all. Lightning and thunder was something new.

I don't know what the deal was, but the barrage of gunfire started at 8:15 and didn't stop. That really upset me. People don't own a watch? I heard 100+ shots by 9:00 am.

All and all a GREAT hunt again.

mnsprtsmn

I hunted out by Watson on some sloughs in the riverbottom. We did great opening day, getting woodies, teal, mallards, and widgeons. Sunday morning was tough, we picked up early due to the lighting that was striking all around us. We left with two woodies and called it a day around 8am Sunday. I can't wait for some ducks to start moving south!

Our group of 3 shot 12 on saturday and 17 on sunday. Mostly teal with a few mallards and gaddys and one pintail. Lots of birds around

Just outside of Sioux Falls, a group of 5 of us got 13 ducks, all teal but one pintail and one mallard and 5 honkers! Since opener we've gotten 4-5 ducks each morning before class... Today unfortunately it was all shovelers, 6 of them!

We did decent in the Marshall area. Hunted Sunday/Monday and ended up with 15 between my brother and I. Lots of teal with a few woodies and widgeon. Could have limited out if our shooting was better.