Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eastman

Where are the good spots for fishing from the shore?

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend the spots where you can catch the big perch right from the shore (or some pier)?

In the last 2 weeks, I tried a couple of places near the Isle - the statepark and a spot near the bridge to the island(in the Isle Bay).

Both places were "so-so". In both places - only the smallies. The bite near the bridge (last Friday - 28th) was a little better but it stopped completely around 7:30pm.

The other people fishing in those places, had the same results.

I heard people are catching decent perches from the shore - but in what spots?

I am far from a perch expert but we ate dinner 2 nights at Mac's Twin Bay and people were catching a lot of perch off their pier including some big ones.

Malone island!

When I was young, any boat harbor or lauch dock on the west side.

Also a side note: Wade out in shorts or waders on west side into reeds or cat tails. I would get a ton of jumbo perch, before anyone thought of keeping them! Jig and a crappie minnow, with a sip bobber!

Good luck!

Mille Lacs is NOT a good shore fishing lake.. Partly because it is too clear and there arent that much structures you could fish at from shore... Mille Lacs is a lake where having a boat is a must to catch good fish.. If you want to shore fish, there are better smaller lakes in the Mille Lacs area where there are some superb shore fishing for crappies, large/smallmouth, abd perches. I would check out the smaller lakes in that area.