Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale Rueber

Fishing below Lock #2

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody fish below lock #2 down to Prescott? I have seen very few fishing boats in this area. Seems like there would be many opportunities around the dam for good fishing but I may be wrong.

There is no fish in Pool 2. wink.gif

I have gone up below the dam in the fall for walleyes. Sometimes you can do real well.

That is actually pool 3....most people fish from Prescott south because that is where the majority of the wing dams start. I think there is only two that are above that point.

We have hammered the walleyes there before the season closes if the water is open at the landing. That portion of the river (the dam to Prescott) closes when inland waters close.

Thanks, I don't want to overlook any areas that might be productive just because I have not seen anybody else fishing there.

The main benefit I see to fishing below Prescott is that you can have 2 lines. This is not the case from Lock #2 down to Prescott.

There's a ton of wing dams on Pool 2 as well. smile.gif

Quote:

Does anybody fish below lock #2 down to Prescott? I have seen very few fishing boats in this area. Seems like there would be many opportunities around the dam for good fishing but I may be wrong.

Oh yeah, that is one of the best areas to fish on the river... Lots of whitebass, kitties, drums, walleyes, saugers, you name it, it's there...

Just because you dont see anybody fishing it doesnt mean there arent any good fish there.... Go with your instincts... Dont follow the crowds.