Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrcarp

when do you put away the boat

Question

mrcarp

HI JUST WONDERING HOW SOON MOST OF YOU GUYS PUT AWAY YOURE BOATS FOR WINTER. I PUT IT AWAY THE 3RD WEEKEND IN OCT. AM I MISSING A LOT OR IS MOST OF IT FROM SHORE. JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS DO

18 answers to this question

Borch

For me it's the end of October most falls. But I've fished as late as early December in my boat.

Down Deep

I keep my boat ready to go until freeze up. I've had lots of great fishing right through deer season.

Pleasant

If I can not fish on the ice/I am fishing in the boat grin.gif

Lynn

schr0563

The last three years it's been the week before Thanksgiving for me. Last year my best fishing started in the last week of October.

Northlander

My boat is always ready to hit the water. Even if I have to winterize it again. grin.gif

I usually quit boat fishing around the end of Oct though.

ChuckN

...when the lakes freeze. grin.gif

There have been years I wish I wouldn't have pickled the boat, so now I just postpone until freeze up.

Farmboy1

Mine normally goes to sleep for awhile when pheasant season opens, then reappears for the winter bite on pool 4 of the mighty Mississippi for the remainder of the winter. Gotta love early January on the open water grin.gif

tacklejunkie

After my LOTW trip in late oct. comes out again late march or early april

Finns

I don't. Course down here the only ice I can find is in a whiskey glass. grin.gif

Finns.

Eric Wettschreck

I'll put it away when I'm done with it. I can't say when that will be. I don't have a whole lot to do to pickle it. It's like a 2 minute process and I'm done.

I love the ice but hopefully I have a little longer in the boat this year.

Scott K

I put mine away the week before thanksgiving week, because I deer hunt in Wisconsin for the week of thanksgiving. Then when I return, I get my stuff out and ready for the ice season.

BoxMN

I fished on White Bear Lake on Dec. 15 out of the boat several years ago. The boat is always ready to go, but once duck season starts it has little chance of making it out again until the spring. We do use our other boat right up until ice is too thick to break. Then my "boat" is an Otter shack smile.gif

Jim Hudson

Until I cant break ice in the harbors/landings anymore... Last year, one day I was fishing outta the boat and the next day I was ice fishing on inland lakes...

Shack

NOT YET!

jigginjim

I put some stabile in the gas. Its ready for open water of pool 4 on warm (25 degrees and up) days.

reddog

I put mine in storage on Good Friday.

Just got it out again last weekend, and took it to the fishing shack for the season. It felt like opening day for me! smile.gif

I fish hard from mid December to Easter weekend and then racing season kicks in and the boat doesnt get used.

I'm storing my boat for the season about the time most are making the first hook to the trailer for the year.

I have averaged 50 hours on the F115 per year for the 3 years I/ve owned it, all in the winter.

If the weathers right, I'm gone fishing.

upnorth

Usually the 2nd week of Nov.

Gadgetman

Now, I have put it off in years past but never get it out after the pheasant season starts. It is just alot easier to do it when it is warm. I do keep my little 14' ready for a quick trip but the big boat is now in the sleep mode