• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9/29 report

GreyGoose

Don't tell me that the rain kept ALL of you off the river this weekend! It's Sun nite and by now there is usually a pretty good post of people and there weekend stories. Maybe we are all alittle down after losing to the Cheese-Heads!

I made it out yesterday a.m. and got a couple hours of trolling in before the skys opened up on me and the wind kicked up twenty notches. I was near Prescot when those storms moved in and thought that maybe I could hide under the bridges there and wait it out. WRONG!! It rains harder underneth them than outside cause they are just metal grates. Anyways, I knew the cover on my boat would come in handy one of these days and it did it job perfectly. I was able to troll around and hide out under it and barely needed a rain suit. I did stay around the bridges for awhile, atleast until the lightning died down.

Getting the fish to bite was a different story. I didn't get a single bite before or during the rain. I was trolling and I tried several different baits and depths, but no dice.

After a small lull in the rain I switched to drifting a spinner rig with a worm. I did pick up a nice sized channel cat and a 14.5 inch walleye like this. Then the wind kicked up to 25-30mph and the rain came back so I cut outta there. All in all it was a wet and unsuccessful day, but it bets the tar outta working!

Got out this morning inbetween the heavy rains.Had my cousin in town for the weekend so we went golfing yesterday instead of fishing.I knew there was a reason I fish so much.Anyway we just went out and trolled a little bit in the Bayport area,pounded a bunch of silvers and caught 2 eyes,a 16 and 18 incher.Not bad for just putting 1 line out.Shad raps were the ticket today trolled on lead in 15 to 20 fow.....