Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr.minn1

perchin

9 posts in this topic

we did ok yesterday in the bay catching perch. evan in all that wind and alittle rain in the afternoon. evan saw afew guys catch a couple wallies too. i hope evaryone had the same luck as we did.

Where is this hot perch bite I keep reading about?

No details but we hammered them Saturday and Sunday in 5-6 feet of water with a fathead on a 1/16th ounce jig head. Nice ones up to 12", most were 10".

Wow, where were you? The reason I ask is because we were in Isle bay along with the rest of the boats, and we were sure hammering them, but they were (mostly) all 6 inches. And this was not just me; the 100 boats around us were all bringing in little guys. However, I only fished from about 4 until dark, so maybe that made a difference. Only maybe, maybe 1 out of 20 fish was of respectable size.

After chatting with some of the guys at the Appledoorn's Get-Together this weekend, there are good Perch to be caught and they weren't fishing in Isle Bay. The guys fishing in Isle were reporting much the same I'm reading here, "maybe" 10 keepers per 100 bait sized perch caught.

The perch bite was great on Sunday. Limmited out on 9+ inchers with some in the 12+ range. We caught about 100 - 130 fish to weed thru the smaller one to get our limmit. Most fun I had fising all year.

Yep it was fun on Saturday. 10 to 12 inch perch and our boat limited out in about an hour. 5 to 6 feet on sand. Thats as much as you get out of me. I'm going back soon.

Is anyone getting crappies in with the perch, I just got jumbos last weekend and i'm looking for crappies I'll pay 5$ for the whereabouts of any crappies. confused.gif

I didn't catch any slabs either last weekend.