Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Casaloma

In Memory Of Summer Lakers 2007

9 posts in this topic

Very cool Loma. You in for a Red Lake trip again this year?

Sweet vid! Is that a wood canoe you have? Looks very nice. Thoes old woodys paddle great but suck to portage.

Sweet Video--- nice execution all around with camera man and fisherman. Almost looks like a Hamm's commerical from years' ago with the sun coming off the "Sky Blue Waters"

Jeff

This was my very first year fishing L Superior for lakers and I am hooked for life. so is everyone else i have taken

Ive never fished for lakers but would like to try sometime.Im always up on vermilion so thinking about trying burntside sometime. Can you catch any on burntside off shore anywhere this time of year? What are some good techniques for shore fishing lakers?

Red For Shure NL, likely we'll talk at pool league. Fer shure...

411, the canoe is a Bell, Seliga Tripper. Best of both worlds, at 48# it floats like a cargo canoe & cuts like a Wood/ Canvass.

Later -G

Nice stuff, Cas. grin.gif

Vwally, as of this weekend, inland laker season is closed. It'll open again in January and close in March. It will open again on walleye opener in May. Plenty of folks catch nice lakers off their docks on Burntside in May as long as they are near deep water. A client at Camp Van Vac along Bside's south shore caught one in the teens and one in the 20s either last spring or the spring before by casting a dead cisco off the dock and letting it sit on the bottom.

Cas, neat video, I should use my cameras video function more often.

Silver Minnow as in Johnson Silver Minnow?

I might have to give them a try this winter vertical jigging Lakers.