Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallygator2148

Fall Bite

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all an update on whats going on here at the Pond. Walleye's have been tough to get in the boat but the ones that have been caught are shallow 4-17 FOW, with minnows and leeches on slips. Try Hennepin Island, Spider Reef, Upper Twin, the Knobs, and points with rocks, also try pulling cranks a night they should turn on soon. The perch bite is great, limits of 10-12inch fish are not uncommon, Isle Bay and Wahkon are good places to hit in 3-8 FOW with minnows or crawlers. Our ramp here at Hunter Winfield's is deep and well maintained so come on out and have fun.

Are those big slab crappies bittting in the bay yet? nothing better then those huge crappie fillets in with some perch, good eat'in! grin.gif

Thanks for the updated report wallygater. I will be up for one day this weekend and hopefully I can report back with some good success. I will definitely be changing up my methods a bit this weekend. Good luck to all.

GoggleEye

ShawnnyB and I were there last weekend and hooked into a 13" crappie with a rap and a 14" crappie with a 6" jointed rap. We were fishing for bass and norts.

Not sure if this helps you, tho

Well, the fishing was terrible again for me this weekend. Strictly fished for walleyes on saturday from noon until about 12:30 a.m. and managed to only catch one 14 in. walleye, a small pike, and a perch. All fish were caught trolling shad raps. Mille Lacs sure did beat me up these past couple weekends. If anyone out there is catching walleyes, I'd be real curious to hear what you are doing out there because we tried everything this past weekend with no success to show for it! Water temp was still up around 58 degrees....way too warm still.

GoggleEye

We got 8 this on Saturday. Biggest was 24" and smallest was 16". Most on slip bobbers/leeches in about 5 - 8 feet of water with a pink/white jig. Got a couple pulling cranks but not until late.

What is "FOW"?

it might sound like a dumb question but I really have no idea.

Feet of water.

There are no dumb questions on these fourms. And, welcome to FM.

FOW- Feet Of Water...

9FOW is 9 feet of water.

Welcome to FM!!

Was up on the weekend for the Perch bite in Isle bay ended up catching some Perch (crappie minnows) and lots of Crappies and Sunfish (mini-mites no meat). We also landed a 26" walleye and watched the next boat land a 30 inch Pike. Got broke off with a large Smallie and fed a toothy critter a small perch as we brought it to the boat.

A friend also reported finding a large school of Walleyes in 6 FOW slip bobber fishing leeches on the point of a rock reef they caught 27 Walleyes in the 2 hours before sunset and then when the sun went under it just shut down.