Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CatManLee

9/27 Fishing Report

2 posts in this topic

Went fishing Thursday from 10:30am-6:00pm. Launched at Wheelers Point and headed out towards the Lighthouse Gap. Stopped in the Gap and fished for about 15 minutes, with just a wee walleye to show for it, so we decided to head out to where all the boat were just outside the gap in the lake.

Started fishing in 20'-21' of water. After about 5 minutes, we started catching fish. As Noon rolled around and we had 5 Walleye's a couple nice Sauger's in the livewell and a few perch measuring 12"-13". Fishing slowed a little bit, so we moved a bit further out in the lake and anchored in about 22'-23' of water. Again almost right away, we started catching fish, but most of these were Saugers, with a few eye's mixed in. Caught alot of small ones, but was still fun.

Around 3:00pm, we decided to go try the river since the wind was picking up, and I was sick of bobbing around out there anyways.

Went up river and fished in 18'-19' of water, and again after only a few minutes, we started catching fish. Stayed anchored in the same spot till we left, caught a bunch of fish, lots of small ones, some nicer fish, a small sturgeon, a northern, and a couple more perch. We eventually ran out of bait and had to call it a day, but we finished up one short of our limit on Sauger's and walleye's and had some dandy perch top go along with them.

We didn't keep a Walleye under 16" and our biggest Eye was just under 19.5". The biggest Sauger was a fat 16-17"er and the smallest was around 14".

Over all it was a great trip, except for the wind, the wether was nice too. The only thing I would have done differently, is bought more bait. We bought 2 scoops, (approx 4 dozen) live shiners, and ran out pretty quick with two of us fishing.

Well, That's my report. Talk to ya'll later.

Thanks for the report. I'm heading up tonight for the weekend. Doesn't look like a good weekend with high winds predicted. Nice to see you caught some fish in the river as well.

Ryan