Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norwall

Duck opener07

4 posts in this topic

any1 hittin Theif Lake or the Roseau bogs? I'll be heading up in a few wks to TL. So if any1 gets out this wknd could ya let me know how ya did on TL,Thanx

norwall, Thief Lake was ok for the opener(so says my brother-in-law) water was higher but the weeds were thicker than carpet!! He pulled off his motor and pushpoled out..He went out the north side. Another friend went out the Moose river landing. Every thing was fine til they hit the lake. Lots of mud and Lots of weeds!! Bring your waders and a good pushpole..,.Good Luck!!

We were on Thief last Wednesday. Old Guide was right on--don't leave the push pole home. The lake is up a few inches from last years super-low condition but below normal. But the surface weeds really are thick. We scratched out 6 but didn't see much flying. Should get better with the next front.

Good luck.

thanx 4 the update,yeah it can't be any wose than last yr. I had to don the chest waders and pull the boat by rope and hand til I hit deep enough water to run the moter. Hopefully theres gonna be some birds to get enough shootin and have a good time.