Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawkeye28

Sakatah Lakes

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys know about upper and lower Sakatah? Are these lakes worth looking at to put a lake home on? Are these the types of lakes that turn pretty green during the summer? I am still in the search to find my parents a place and just taking a look at some different options.

Thanks,I am looking forward to meeting you guys at the outing on the 6th.

I know theres not alot of fishing pressure on them. Any lake home is great. Excellent investment, especially in this area, where the city folk is wanting to move away from the chaos. Instant home value...so buy while its still at a reasonable price.

Usually, very shallow

You can get to Tetonka from Sakatah through the channel so it's kinda like living on both lakes.

Downside to this would be you will have to cross a county road to get to the lake. Also, with most so. mn lakes, pretty green in the summer.

Just to add to what they said; Just about the whole southside of the lake is State Park.

It will get green.

You can get to Tetonka from Sakatah.

Not alot of boat traffic.

They're not lakes I would put a home on but the fishing in the spring and fall, at times, definitely has it's place on my calendar.