• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall Fishing Reports

Has anyone been out fishing in SW MN or Spirit Lake? I casted off the grade on Lake Okabena under the full moon with no success. I might try Round Lake friday morning, heard they are still getting a few there. Hoping to try a few spots on the Des Moines River on Saturday. Gotta love this time of year!

been on the des moines for the last 3 weeks caught some nice eyes tryed loon tonight nothing going on there.

My neighbor and I trolled cranks on Sarah from 7 to 9 last night. All I caught was a log. frown.gif

You mean you finally got your boat fixed or were you just swimming real fast??? I was beginning to think you were done for the year at the start of the year! The hard water is almost here... we will have to hook up and go hit some pannies sometime or if the eyes get on a trend we can fish for fillets! Looking at an new wheel house this weekend. Like I need another to go with the 3 I have, but at least one that is long trip worthy.

CC

Yes, the boat is fixed. Finally. Many hard to find parts, wrong parts, cuss words (I was a sailor),busted knuckles, etc later I have a working boat.

It really gets up and goes, too!!!!!!!

A guy can't have too many fish houses. I have 3. One hard side and 2 portables. I'm thinking it's time to build another one, tho. Go big!!!!

Ice fishing talk already!!! smile.gif I was out on Round Lake this morning and caught 2 healthy looking 15 inch walleyes. I was trolling #5 Shad Rap at about 2.5 mph on the south end of the lake. I tried casting shorelines at sunrise but not a bite so I switched to trolling.

Sounds like the boat is up and running again Bill, or I should say the wheels are back to rolling? I've got lake sarah fishing fever everyday since that tourney, I gotta get back there for a day this fall.

Yep, the trailer is fixed! i picked it up on Thursday. $400 to fix it but they put a heavier duty axle on so i shouldn't have to worry about that again. I would like to get up to Sarah again too. Gotta get in as much fishing as i can before the baby comes! Let me know when you want to come down.

Fishing report- Walleyes are biting on the Des Moines River about in any place you can access a deeper hole. I think they are gorging on frogs so they are quite active right now. 1/16oz or 1/8 oz Jig and a minnow or twister.

I'm taking off Thursday this week and will be gone for the weekend. Any other time yous guys want to hit Sarah or any other lake in the area gimme a shout!!!!!

I fished Sarah this morning from sunrise til 10am and caught and released one nice 20" walleye and missed another one. I was casting the rocky points. Talked to another boat who had picked up a few. Nice morning to be out! We'll have to get out Boilerguy.

fished west graham thursday evening, caught a couple small walleyes. I wish the weather would turn more fall-like!

Fished Brawner yesterday afternoon for 3 1/2 hours and caught 14 bass. Unfortunately, the majority were under 12 inches, with the largest going almost 18 inches. It was a blast. Even the small ones are good fighters. Probably not the fishing info you are all looking for. grin.gif

ok I grew up in Sw mn and have NEVER heard of Brawner??.. i know I'm old but NOT 4getful!! where the H E double hockey sticks is Brawner?? confused.gif

Brawner is just outside of Russell, Mn and I believe it is part of the Camnden State Park system now. We used to go there as kids and fish largemouth and camp over night. It's just a glorified sandpit if I remember right. It sits down in the woods and was completely surrounded with trees if I recall correctly. No motors allowed either I think. Pretty neat little lake back then.

that would explain why I don't know of it!! lol Russel to me is western Mn. I grew up 45 minutes SE of Marshall

Actually, electric trolling motors are allowed. However, if you're not careful, you can easily get hung up in the mats of vegetation that almost pop thru the surface, in one area. If that happens, be prepared to use your oar to get free. Here is a link for more info: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=42005400

It is a fun little lake to fish. The largest I've taken out of there is 19 inches.

It was an awesome, windless day, for a change. I buzzed over to Lac Qui Parle this afternoon and caught 2 eyes in 2 hours. One was 15" and the other 16". In those 2 hours, I saw 3 more caught by others, all about the same size. At least, with those two and another 16" given me by someone who only had one, my wife and I will have a delicious meal tomorrow, after I get back from pheasant hunting. smirk.gif

This weekend a fair amount of people have been out. Lake Cottonwood is starting to give up some fish. I think fishing will be good today and starting Sunday with the bad weather coming in it will shut down again.

was at LQP this AM from about 630 til noon.. when I left I counted 17 boats by Milan Bridge and I didnt see 1 eye caught by a boater or anyone off the bridge.. I fished the pier and caught a 10 incher and a couple white bass and of course sheephead.. i saw 3 decent eyes come off the pier from 16 inches to almost 21 inches.. but then I had to go frown.gif

good 1 koonie.. there was a lady there from like 230 am on and she said she only had 1 bite and that was right before i got there at 6 am.. big light little light starlight whatever grin.gif

Actually, my 2 eyes were caught between 4:00 and 4:30 in the afternoon. Between 4:40 and 5:45 I had just a couple nibbles. They sure tasted good tonite though. smirk.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been out lately. I've caught a few off the grade on Lake Okabena at night casting jigs and plastics. I heard they were biting on Loon Lake and Round too.

I haven't been out at all. Actually, I winterized my boat. When I'm not working I've been hunting and deer hunting is right around the corner.

small chubs, or double up the fatheads off the bottom at west or talcot. mmmmmm white flakey goodness!!!!!! twisters tipped with minnows at the broken up thing we used to call the dam. just got a report from this morning. couple eaters and some dinks.

Fish on at LQP..hey koonie have I got a pic 4 you!!!! grin.gif Got any recommendations for a taxidermist?

Is there any way you could throw that pic of the LQP fish on this site Bassmaster!? I always like seeing nice ones outta there!