Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
idratherbefishing

Fall Fishing Reports

idratherbefishing

Has anyone been out fishing in SW MN or Spirit Lake? I casted off the grade on Lake Okabena under the full moon with no success. I might try Round Lake friday morning, heard they are still getting a few there. Hoping to try a few spots on the Des Moines River on Saturday. Gotta love this time of year!

morrisfishingcrew

been on the des moines for the last 3 weeks caught some nice eyes tryed loon tonight nothing going on there.

Eric Wettschreck

My neighbor and I trolled cranks on Sarah from 7 to 9 last night. All I caught was a log. frown.gif

muc33

You mean you finally got your boat fixed or were you just swimming real fast??? I was beginning to think you were done for the year at the start of the year! The hard water is almost here... we will have to hook up and go hit some pannies sometime or if the eyes get on a trend we can fish for fillets! Looking at an new wheel house this weekend. Like I need another to go with the 3 I have, but at least one that is long trip worthy.

CC

Eric Wettschreck

Yes, the boat is fixed. Finally. Many hard to find parts, wrong parts, cuss words (I was a sailor),busted knuckles, etc later I have a working boat.

It really gets up and goes, too!!!!!!!

A guy can't have too many fish houses. I have 3. One hard side and 2 portables. I'm thinking it's time to build another one, tho. Go big!!!!

idratherbefishing

Ice fishing talk already!!! smile.gif I was out on Round Lake this morning and caught 2 healthy looking 15 inch walleyes. I was trolling #5 Shad Rap at about 2.5 mph on the south end of the lake. I tried casting shorelines at sunrise but not a bite so I switched to trolling.

Bigeye30"

Sounds like the boat is up and running again Bill, or I should say the wheels are back to rolling? I've got lake sarah fishing fever everyday since that tourney, I gotta get back there for a day this fall.

idratherbefishing

Yep, the trailer is fixed! i picked it up on Thursday. $400 to fix it but they put a heavier duty axle on so i shouldn't have to worry about that again. I would like to get up to Sarah again too. Gotta get in as much fishing as i can before the baby comes! Let me know when you want to come down.

Fishing report- Walleyes are biting on the Des Moines River about in any place you can access a deeper hole. I think they are gorging on frogs so they are quite active right now. 1/16oz or 1/8 oz Jig and a minnow or twister.

Eric Wettschreck

I'm taking off Thursday this week and will be gone for the weekend. Any other time yous guys want to hit Sarah or any other lake in the area gimme a shout!!!!!

idratherbefishing

I fished Sarah this morning from sunrise til 10am and caught and released one nice 20" walleye and missed another one. I was casting the rocky points. Talked to another boat who had picked up a few. Nice morning to be out! We'll have to get out Boilerguy.

idratherbefishing

fished west graham thursday evening, caught a couple small walleyes. I wish the weather would turn more fall-like!

MN Shutterbug

Fished Brawner yesterday afternoon for 3 1/2 hours and caught 14 bass. Unfortunately, the majority were under 12 inches, with the largest going almost 18 inches. It was a blast. Even the small ones are good fighters. Probably not the fishing info you are all looking for. grin.gif

basssmasher*

ok I grew up in Sw mn and have NEVER heard of Brawner??.. i know I'm old but NOT 4getful!! where the H E double hockey sticks is Brawner?? confused.gif

123fish

Brawner is just outside of Russell, Mn and I believe it is part of the Camnden State Park system now. We used to go there as kids and fish largemouth and camp over night. It's just a glorified sandpit if I remember right. It sits down in the woods and was completely surrounded with trees if I recall correctly. No motors allowed either I think. Pretty neat little lake back then.

basssmasher*

that would explain why I don't know of it!! lol Russel to me is western Mn. I grew up 45 minutes SE of Marshall

MN Shutterbug

Actually, electric trolling motors are allowed. However, if you're not careful, you can easily get hung up in the mats of vegetation that almost pop thru the surface, in one area. If that happens, be prepared to use your oar to get free. Here is a link for more info: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=42005400

It is a fun little lake to fish. The largest I've taken out of there is 19 inches.

MN Shutterbug

It was an awesome, windless day, for a change. I buzzed over to Lac Qui Parle this afternoon and caught 2 eyes in 2 hours. One was 15" and the other 16". In those 2 hours, I saw 3 more caught by others, all about the same size. At least, with those two and another 16" given me by someone who only had one, my wife and I will have a delicious meal tomorrow, after I get back from pheasant hunting. smirk.gif

firebug

This weekend a fair amount of people have been out. Lake Cottonwood is starting to give up some fish. I think fishing will be good today and starting Sunday with the bad weather coming in it will shut down again.

basssmasher*

was at LQP this AM from about 630 til noon.. when I left I counted 17 boats by Milan Bridge and I didnt see 1 eye caught by a boater or anyone off the bridge.. I fished the pier and caught a 10 incher and a couple white bass and of course sheephead.. i saw 3 decent eyes come off the pier from 16 inches to almost 21 inches.. but then I had to go frown.gif

koonie

You have to fish after the big light in the sky disappears.

basssmasher*

good 1 koonie.. there was a lady there from like 230 am on and she said she only had 1 bite and that was right before i got there at 6 am.. big light little light starlight whatever grin.gif

MN Shutterbug

Actually, my 2 eyes were caught between 4:00 and 4:30 in the afternoon. Between 4:40 and 5:45 I had just a couple nibbles. They sure tasted good tonite though. smirk.gif

koonie

4am to 6:30 am in four feet with shiners. wink.gif

basssmasher*

when ya guidin me then hmmmm?? grin.gif

basssmasher*

no need 2 guide now , I found em!! grin.gif