Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muskie Dude

Best spots on the Miss between Elk River & St. Cloud

8 posts in this topic

My wife and I will be looking at properties between Elk River & St. Cloud on the Mississippi. What stretch is the best for a bigger boat? I would also like to know what areas might be better for Muskie fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

If you are looking at property up on that stretch of the river you should head over and look at the river pro boats as well. That way you don't have to worry about the boat, just worry about the property itself. You will find it much more appealing.

Below the St Cloud dam there are very few muskies. Get above the St Cloud dam and north, and you are set.

I second the Riverpro suggestion. This summer there was pretty much no where below the St Cloud dam you could run a prop boat of any size, except down in Anoka.

I think you could of found deeper spots in the Apple river this year, verses the Miss between St. Cloud and Anoka!

Pretty much walkable accross every were!

Thanks for the info guys

Quote:

This summer there was pretty much no where below the St Cloud dam you could run a prop boat of any size, except down in Anoka.

Yeah, what he said, even the Rock Finder only made it to Elk River once this year. Get a River Pro, it's the only practical boat to cover this water.

I just happen to know of a house for sale in the Anoka stretch. smirk.gif

Above the dam in Sartell would be your best bet if you want to run a prop boat, but that is a little North of St. Cloud. Otherwise, RiverPro all the way! Which is not a bad thing grin.gif

Yep, Sartell.

They are pulling the plug.

COON RAPIDS DAM RECREATIONAL POOL

LOWERING SET FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 22

Three Rivers Park District will begin lowering the six-mile recreational pool above the Coon Rapids Dam on or about Oct. 22.

It will take approximately one to two weeks to lower the pool. Lowering of the pool is intentionally planned at a slower rate this year in order to perform routine inspections of the dam, as well as to minimize increased flow at the 35W bridge site. During the winter, the gates of the dam will be held open and the river will be allowed to run unconstrained.

Operated by Three Rivers Park District as part of Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park, the 1,000-foot dam spans the Mississippi River between the cities of Brooklyn Park and Coon Rapids.