Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.A.Say.Tree

Thanks TURK!!!

4 posts in this topic

My Father and I went out for a guide trip with Turk yesterday. The weather was glorious, the company even better, but the walleyes and sauger were definitely in a negative mood.

HOWEVER, Turk (again) put together a game plan that worked. "Dominate the line of scrimmage," he said. Uh, no that ain't it.... well, possibly? Maybe it's more like "force your will and you will prevail!”

There are tons of cliches that I could use to describe some of the techniques employed yesterday: "patience is a virtue", "don't leave fish to find fish", and "ya gotta put it in there face”. But I believe nothing describes it (and Turk) better than good ‘ol fashion river walleye knowhow!

I am continually amazed at how he can put the “greenbacks” in the boat. Or maybe I should say “put us on the greenbacks,” cuz we certainly do know who can catch ‘em better! wink.gif

Thanks again Turk!

Birdy over-n-out

Hey my job is to put guys on fish and not catch them! Well that's my excuse at least when I'm out fished by guys in my boat.

Thanks for the kind words, somedays it works out!

Turk

How is the river by prescott doing, thinking of heading down on Sat. Jig and minnow working?

I fished Wednesday and Thursday evenings by the Prescott bridge. Wednesday caught two 17" and three under 15" Walleyes plus a few other miscellaneous fish. Thursday caught one, 14 3/4", one 17" Walleye, and one small sauger. Wednesday they were all on the bottom in 25' and Thursday they were suspending between 10 and 15' in 23' of water. I fished 1.5 to 2 hours before sunset both days handling #5 firetiger Rapalas. I saw a few other Walleyes caught by others that were jigging minnows.