• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl around McGregor?

Like the title says, I have a cabin just off Lake Minnewawa and would like to know if it worth hunting in that area?

Any info would be great!

Yes, many fowl in the area. Find a rice bed and stay on it. The Rice LAke Federal Refuge just south of McGregor holds many, many migrating ducks each fall - it's a staging area. I'd say peak numbers typically occur around Oct 20-25, given the weather conditions from year to year. Last weekend in October is usually a safe bet for decent numbers though - this is when you see the northern birds coming through - diver city, if you know what I mean.

Rick say's he want to go Sun ,but I'd love to have you guys join us.You'll need a boat.

You know me the more the merrier!

What time is sunrise?I've not looked yet,DOH!

You should be at my shack a good solid hour prior to sunrise.

Sure your invited.

Just be at my house 1 hour before sunrise.

That other thing is nothing between us.

I'm not that petty.

dude may not even show so I'd have room or I could make 2 trips.

Just bring 5 gallon buckets to sit on the bog or BD could stay in the SAFE boat heheheheh & I'd go on the bog.

Were having some typical Big Sandy innner termoil problems I'm searching Craigslist for a Duck boat right now.

I just checked & if need I can get a 10 foot jon from the shop.Just say the word & I'll have it loaded.

Do ya got an electric motor and battery?