Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norwall

duck opener/whos goin where

12 posts in this topic

every1 excited for the BIG opener

Going to Brainerd to fish. Walleyes taste better than ducks to me.

Hard to get excited about the Minnesota Opener. Don't see many ducks and with the Youth Hunt and Goose opener and then have to go out there at 9:00am, you just don't get that great of shooting. Not like it used to be. I cannot believe we still have to wait to shoot until 9:00. I would rather have it noon. Every other state in the United states opens it at 1/2 before sunrise. I was down in Iowa, yes Iowa, for their opener last weekend and had great shooting and a great time. I know, I know, it's all about just being out there and all that, but yes, I do like to shoot some birds. Good Luck to all that venture out.

Very Pumped!!!!!!! laugh.gif Goin' 2 K.D..... Cant wait!!!

I THINK ITS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY NOW THIS WEEK IS GOING WAY TO SLOW

I am pumped for Saturday. A group of 9 of us always get together for opening weekend and have hunted the same spot for the past 6 years. Sometimes we hammer the birds and sometimes we don't. It's all about the commerodery and the tradition of opening day of duck season.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and be safe!!

Good luck. If you're going to Gull, hang on! What a bite. If you haven't already, take a look at my report in the Brainerd forum that includes a few enticing photos. grin.gif

IM GOING OUT WITH MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IM GOING TO LET HER SWAT HER FIRST DUCK THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR EVER SHE LOVES TO COME DIVER HUNTING WITH ME YOU WILL KNOW ITS ME BY THE HUGE SMILE

I'm think I might try Gull I've never been on that lake where is a good place to start and a decent landing if you don't mind me asking? I know the lake we where on this summer was real shallow.

Oh yeah and by the way nice fish. Hope to find something like that on the 6th.

E-mail sent. I hope you got it in time.

Thanks for the compliment. The big girls are still swimming so you have a shot at 'em.

did any one make it out for ducks in the albert lea area or other parts? nothin but rain and wind for us... oh yeah a few spoonies to boot confused.gif