Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hockey33

Arnesen's

10 posts in this topic

Making my first trip to LOW for ice fishing. Four of us have settled on Arnesen's as our destination for a sleeper. Any positive or poor experiences with Arnesen's?

I stayed with them this summer and have nothing but positive things to say.

We first stayed with them back in the early 90's, ice fishing in their sleepers, and they did a great job of keeping you on fish. If you weren't catching them where you where at, they'd move you to them. Also, just a hint, don't be afraid to jump in the shallower day houses either, before they get the day people out there. they were pretty decent about us fishing them early, caught alot of bigger walleyes that way!! Good Luck. The Bumble

The best way to get put on fish, or get moved to fish is to tip the guides. Works for me every time.

You don't need to tip them to get moved. I have fished with them for 11 season now and have never had to tip to get moved. If the fish aren't biting they ask if I want to move and we move. That one of the best thing about Arensen's I think they run the best operation on the lake.

please read forum policy

I read the policy and don't see what I did wrong, but the poster asked for others' opinions so here is mine without any extra explanation. I would not recommend Arneson's to anyone. Clear enough. My e-mail is in my profile if you want details.

I appreciate the all the feedback. I'm just looking forward to being on LOW for my first time. We've been doing the Upper Red deal for the past 3 years and it's getting a little boring. Would really love to do some spring fishing on the river at LOW based on what I'm reading from other posts.

I've been coming to this forum for a year now to get some great info, just finally decided to join in. Thanks to all that provide a great break in my day from the meat-ginder of work. It allows me to day dream about the drag sounding and the anticipation of seeing that Walter come up for the first time to see how big he is. Can't wait!

You will love Arnesen's. I have been going up since 1994 and own a place in the south lot. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. robert.nathe at target

Yep, this is the best place on the ice. These people actually care for their customers. A short warm and roomy ride to your heated house. Ice workers checking on you all day, to see if you need anything. Fish...