• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

enclosed hunting stands-send pics

BuschPilot

Does anyone have pics of there enclosed deer stands. i am building a new 6x8 this year and would like to get some more ideas for it. lets see some pics of your stands!! tongue.gif

Hopefully this works. OK, I have been trying for an hour. Somebody help me out. I have the photos in a photobucket account, but can't seem to transfer them in order. ?? how do you get the pics in order and show up without clicking on the link?

Wallabee, that is one sweet stand. I was thinking about making a permanent along those lines except with bow windows so I could take family members hunting with me in comfort during late October through December. Plus I have the perfect honey hole set up for one.

What sort of material did you use for the floor and walls and roof? I see you assembeled it on side. Did you build it modular so it can come apart should you want to move it?

Again, sweet looking stand.

Thanks. I almost kept it for another fish house. Only took me 2 hours to figure out how to post pics. Just used osb on floor and walls...painted the heck out of exterior surfaces. For the roof, I brought discontinued or slightly damaged metal (steel?) roofing at Menard's for next to nothing. Built it modular in the garage in the cities and hauled it up to Fourtown, MN. Picked up the pressure treated lbr for the legs in Bemidji so I didn't have to worry about hauling it. I made plexiglass sliders for the windows. It is so comfy, my son and I can spend the entire day in the stand.

My son had the privilege of taking the first deer, unfortunately he missed 2 deer at 178yds, so I never got to shoot. It is only his second year hunting, so it's more important for him to shoot one than me. We let a few smaller doe's walk. Three deer were taken out of the stand last year...2 the second wknd (we were gone) and a nice buck during muzzle loader. I'll try to post that one. At the range my son could put them in a "saucer" at 150yds, but in the real world, it's a little more difficult.DSCN1114.jpg

Nice stand Rogers! And Wallabee, my apologies, I guess I was reading quickly and looking at the deer and didn't even notice the person standing next to it! That's where my focus was. Ha!

Quote:

I have the photos in a photobucket account, but can't seem to transfer them in order. ?? how do you get the pics in order and show up without clicking on the link?

Actually this is my issue too, i'm sure it says somewhere in the photo forums. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

ELE

Careful widetrack, I could see a CO trying to ticket you for using a decoy. tongue.gif

The stand I built last fall. I took a nice doe out of it last year with my 2 kids in the stand with me. They were more excited than I was.

deerstandA.jpg

It was a labor of love! That plus I'm a camo freak. Heck, my truck would be camo if my wife would let me.

I painted it before I put it up and it only took a little over an hour, as I recall.

Nels

I am in the process of building a nice enclosed, and I have a couple questions.

How tall do you have the interior, just tall enough to stand in?

How high do you put the windows, do you have them at the height for sitting, or standing?

The terrain around my stand varies alot, from looking almost straight down a hill on one side, to almost straight out on the other side it is about 10 ft tall. My question is, how would I set up the windows ? Do I have the windows slanting to the angle of the hillside, because on the one side of my stand if I was to look to my left I would be looking straight across the top of a hill, then if I look to the right there is a drop off where I would be looking down to about 50 ft down?

I hope I explained this good. So tell me what you think?

No assembly required.

But good luck getting it up on the stilts!

DSC02059Medium.jpg

My stand is tall enough to stand in. My windows are at a height that I can see downward while sitting in a chair in the center of the stand. I use an office chair that swivels and can be adjusted up and down. It helps if you have the chair before you cut the window for the stand. I guess I would have the windows a different height depending on what side the hill is on. Maybe you could cut the windows after you have it up at the location.

Nels

i am building a new stand this weekend and am debating how to do my windows. what do you all use for windows. my new stand will be 6'x8' and its on 8' legs. so i can get a pretty decent size window in this shack.any help would be super. remember, sight in early!! we're getting close now.

Mine are the same as Wallabee's. The only problem is that they do fog up when they are all closed and the heat is on. I think I am going to buy one of the Coleman propane heaters with a built in fan to circulate the air. That should help. Otherwise I just left the windows open a bit.

Nels