Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
PerchJerker

Who's Fishing This Weekend?

PerchJerker

This will be a busy weekend on the lake, the full moon is here, the water temps are dropping, and the bite started picking up last week. I'll be at Red Door for 3 nights this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT to get up there and pull some cranks around in the dark.

Anyone else going to be on the water this weekend?

Gort

We're heading out there Thursday AM for 3 days of fishing on the south end. This is our maiden voyage up to the fall frenzy on Mille Lacs, so hopefully we can find some fish. Any tips are always welcome smile.gif

PerchJerker

I don't know much about the south end so I can't help you much in that regard, but look for transition areas like rock and sand or weeds. Husky Jerks and Shad Raps are consistently some of the best baits and you'll rarely go wrong with firetiger, but change baits and colors a lot until you get them dialed in. The fish will probably be shallow, 5 feet and even less, and I probably won't fish deeper than about 10 feet. Other than that, you just need to find them and the baits they want grin.gif Good luck and have a great trip.

Borch

Quote:

We're heading out there Thursday AM for 3 days of fishing on the south end. This is our maiden voyage up to the fall frenzy on Mille Lacs, so hopefully we can find some fish. Any tips are always welcome
smile.gif

Dendeding on where you are putting in on the south end there are lots of spots. Out of Isle there is a lot of shoreline stuff that'll be good. Especially around father hennipen park. Then there the graveyard which is a good big fish spot. Several folks also fish around Hennipen Island. Izatys reef is also a good spot but won't handle a lot of boat traffic.

Good Luck!

james_walleye

Better hope you dont have big waves out of the south. At midnight saturday night with 2 footers coming in my friend and i were in our skivies pushing the boat into the harbor at the red door cuz we were beached. Not much water there. Anyone else have this happen or are we the only fools this has happend too?

Gort

Hey Borch-

What/where do you mean by the "graveyard"? I am not familiar with where that is but I do have a detailed lake map. Thanks.

rodmaker

I would think this area would be marked on your map.

Gort

OK, if it's a common area, I'm sure it will be on my map (which is at home) so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Team Otter

No need to get too excited yet. The best is yet to come in late October and November barring an early freeze. I'm going to hold out for just a bit yet but come mid-October, well then, that's a different story.

Good luck to everyone this week/weekend!

Borch

Quote:

OK, if it's a common area, I'm sure it will be on my map (which is at home) so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Yep,

A bit West/SW of Hennipen Island.

PerchJerker

Quote:

The best is yet to come

Agree, the water is still 10 degrees too warm. But I can deal with it grin.gif

Quote:

At midnight saturday night with 2 footers coming in my friend and i were in our skivies pushing the boat into the harbor at the red door cuz we were beached

That blows. We don't launch there, we trailer around to better accesses. I think they dredged their channel this week, but I think their launch is too shallow for our boats.

Shack

I wish I was!

Not just yet!

Petey923

I will be up there tonight and tomorrow, look for a blue 17ft Lund with a 90HP Yammie and say hi! I'll also be fishing with my GF who has so far outfished me this year - grrrrr. I'm going to try to save face this weekend! I'll probably be sticking to the south end.

Ryno29

The forecast is showing winds from the south at 20MPH +. Weeeeeeeeeee.

minnesotatuff

yep, 20+mph, that'll slow a few people down...hope it does the opposite to the walleyes! the temp must be dropping a little with the cooler nights? we will be day fishing this trip, anywhere from 8' to 20'+ on the southwest side. the southeast wind should be pretty nice pushing into vineland bay and indian point. anywhere from there all the way around almost to isaty's reef... thats the plan. it sounds like the north end is picking up, but those winds and neighbors in the boat are asking for a short trip... they'll get plenty of abuse fishing where we're planning.

i'ld like to troll cranks but havent decided if i will rig with leeches first while the others use a jig/leech & jig/minnow. that way we'll have three presentations down at once. i love to catch walleyes using a leech and long leader. the finese and antisipation is a rush. however, having a big walleye smack a crank bait and almost pull the rod out of your hand is hard to beat too.

good luck to all.

regards,

minnesotatuff