Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beavers16

River Fishing

13 posts in this topic

I am heading up to LOW this weekend and have never fished there in the fall before. We are staying at Riverbend and I was wondering where to start in the river. I was hoping for as little travel as possible, but am open to anything. Any advise would be great.

I will be up at the same resort this weekend with about 12 other guys, i have a black trailblazer with a 165lowe. come over and say hello and we can help you out

Just look where all the boats are!

Hey guys good luck this weekend. For those of you staying at Riverbend say hi to Charlie and Judy for me. We'll be back up with first ice, first some pheasants to harvest. Bill Turck St Cloud

Thanks dnice, I will definitely look for you. I've got the black Toyota and red Lund.

It looks like FM faithful will own the River Bend this

weekend. See you all at breakfast.

The river fishing is very easy, it requires some patience.

If your watch other boats you will find that they are

every where. If you try to anchor on the edge of the river

channel so you swing back and forth over a couple of foot

difference in depth that is what most will be doing.

You will not have to travel far. Bring warm clothes.

And have a good anchor. On the river a good anchor is

a sea spike style anchor. Most other anchors will not

hold you and that can ruin your weekend in a hurry.

Make sure your rope is long enough as well. I think the formula is that you need like 3 times the depth of the water to set an anchor to hold well.

My dad bought and used a substandard anchor last weekend in his boat. I should say he attempted to use a substandard anchor last weekend. He had to reset about 50 times. He did have plenty of rope length.

I'll be up at Adrian's this weekend in my boat with my dad, and step mom. Black and Tan Alumacraft TS185.

Ryan

Curt,

Do I need to bring my goggles for breakfast? I've heard the toast can be flying pretty good.

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tend to business and nobody will get hurt.

That is usually one of my highlight of the trips I make watching Curt eat breakfast. Sparks have been know to fly off the plate grin.gif.

Cory: I'm notsure about "Flying Toast" but Curt's forks emit sparks when he is in a HURRY!!!.. Have fun Guy's, I'm be up next weekend... Kaz

Quote:

Curt,

Do I need to bring my goggles for breakfast? I've heard the toast can be flying pretty good.

Toast??

You should see what happens when he attacks the pancakes and hash browns!

Sometimes you have to let a guy have his space. grin.gif

Breakfast at RiverBend... Mmmmm!