• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any ducks around talcolt---anyone catching any eyes

I think the duck opener should be good. there are quite a few ducks around. My younger brothers went out for the youth hunt and saw alot of ducks but they only shot holes in the sky!

I think the shallow bite for walleyes will be taking off on area lakes if it hasn't already. Start casting shorelines with raps or a jig and twister and you should find some eyes. Those spots on the des moines river that are accessible should be good too like 123fish stated.

hoping for a good opener in the iona area. im thinking that there will be enough water with the rains we have had in the last month. any reports from the area?

If you are going to hunt the area I think you are there were by far the most ducks and quite a few honkers at that location compared to any place else in that general vicinity other than possibly the big area a few miles north of there that I didn't look at last Saturday.

Thanks for the info. I got a phone call today and a report of the usual spot full of mallards and woodies. I cant wait for saturday morning to get here. I'll be getting the boat out tomorrow night and convert it back into duck mode. I don't bother hunting those other more northerly spots until a few weeks into the season when the crowd tends to thin out a little.