Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Planer boards

16 posts in this topic

Anyone got plans for planer boards? I was thinking about tackling a set as a winter project.

I have a pair of home made boards you can have.

Somewhere way back in the archives I have the plans.

Looks like Dave has you coveres though.

Vikings got the right idea. But can always copy a set. Problem with that is you have to run the to adjust them. Good luck.

The ones I have were made by the charter captain I bought my boat from, they are weighted and ready to troll. I will bring them up this weekend if you want to stop by and pick them up. If you don't want them let me know, I don't want to haul them up, if I am just going to be hauling them back.

Yes, I'll take em! Thanks. Also gives me a chance to put another face to another FMer. Now just where do I meet you at as I have never "met" you.

I will be at Barkers island slip I6 from Thursday night till Sunday this weekend. hope to get out for the last weekend of laker fishing a couple times, weather permitting.

It seemed like there was a decent bite happening last weekend in 80 FOW.

Not a bad bite from 80 to 105 FOW. 210 to 220 deg from duluth entry 2 to 4 miles out. Fish were spotty but managed a limit between the 5 of us.

Good Luck

I should be down there Thur evening around 5ish if thats ok.

Wade I probably will not get there till about 5:30.

anytime after that would be great. Drag NL down for a cold one.

Wade call me about 4 pm and I can meet ya at the Barkers Island Boat Landing and Ill show ya Vikings boat from there.

Dave call me when your a few minutes out.

I will do that Steve

I'll try to remember Steve. Tomorrow is a BUSY day for me. Gonna be in Two Harbors till about 4:30. Viking, after 5:30 should work out ok.

Wade, that would be about perfect, I will be there between 5:15 and 5:30 depending on traffic out of the cities. See you then. I have them the boards in the truck already. I will talk to you about few other goodies I am looking to get out of my garage before winter. You have a new boat your rigging, I have some things I am looking to get rid of but don't want to post them. I just want to see them get put to use.

Sounds good, looking foward to meeting you.

Great to meet you Dave! Thanks for the offer of a reffreshing adult beverage, but I was driving the company vehicle, thats why I had to decline. I also wanted to say THANK YOU again for the boards. They will get me started into the world of planer board fishing as well as provide me a template to build new ones. If there is anything I can do for you.... I owe you one.