• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brad Childress please read this post

deadminnowcatcher

Dear mr. Childress,

This is the NFL which stands for "not for long" if you dont start winning games. Us here in Minnesota expect you to win some football games. When the game is on the line you gotta play your best players. To be more specific dont be sitting Adrian Petersen on the bench whgen there is under 2 minutes to play and you need to score to win. What were you thinking. He is a rookie but has way more tallent than Moore whoo you had in the game fore the last drive. Wake up mr childress or you will be a head coach NFL "Not for long"

I think he sat Peterson for he had to pass the ball at the end.

Moore is a better blocker than Peterson (right now).

The Vikings may need a new coach, but let's face it...no coach could win with their offensive talent.

Minnesota sports in general need some owners who will maybe dig a little deeper into the the pocketbook and look for some quality and proven players. Doesnt matter what sport it is, always the same story. They are short this or that or both.

I'm not saying one doesnt look for some quality rookies but you cannot win with a team full of questionable players.

I think the Vikings have the most cap room in the NFL with like 20 million. I seen that QB Tony Romo is a free agent after the year. The Cowboys will probably use the Franchise tag on him but he would be an upgrade from what we have. I mean c'mon, I would be an upgrade right now.

They purposely restricted the passing game as not to cause a QB controversy. Holcombe played fine, he just wasn't "allowed" to do anything special....

I liked Jim Souhan's comments in the Trib today...

...something about the game being on the line, and the best running play the Vikes could call was a lateral to Steve Hutchinson on the last play of the game, with Adrian Peterson sitting on the bench.

Just curious if Childress Knows anything about a spread offensive, especailly when teams blitz on you every down. Someone should should show him the tape of what lions did to us when we blitzed! If we keep a tight formation our QBs don't stand a chance with the blitz

I am sure he does...he just has nothing to work with as far as a quaterback and receivers.

I thought his line would be good, but they seem to be struggling too. But, they struggle for no one can get open and the quaterback is not accurate...so the defense uses that to their advantage.

And, for many MN teams it is hard to spend big bucks when your market is not as big. The Vikings are a little different and they have been trying to bring in talent...but with so many question marks players go elsewhere. And, the dome sucks.

Up until now I had been giving Childress the benefit of the doubt on things. I no longer am and lay much of the blame on him for these reasons.

The one strength of this team is the defense which was largely in tact as we know it today when he arrived. Although some of those pieces have been brought in since he was hired (Leber and Greenway). The one weakness has been the same with now two different highly respected coordinators. Is it that are DB's are that overrated or is it the scheme the D is told to work within?

The passing game has been the same regardless of QB. Tavaris, Johnson, Holcomb and Bollinger have all had the same results and effectiveness. The play calling was his all last year. At what point, should Chilly step back and look in the mirror and say that for whatever reason, we have now played 19 regular season games in his tenure with 4 different QB's, about 10 WR's and two TE's, maybe we should try something different.

But, look at the quarterbacks? Which one would even be considered for any other team in the NFL as a starter?? Even teams with great receivers wouldn't want any of these quaterbacks as a starter.

Brad is the most talented out of all of them. But, he was let go to make way for the future.

There are teams using QB's out there the last couple of years named Garrard, Campbell, Huard, Frye, Anderson, McCown, Croyle, etc.. that are considered no more talented or just as raw as as our guys, but they get much more out of them. I am not saying that we have a bunch of Marinos and Farves in our stable, but the results don't change regardless of who we throw out there. It doesn't get worse or better with any of them. It is the same old stuff. Even if it is all the players fault. At what point do you try to find something they can succeed at instead of being so inflexible.

On top of all that. Why is it last year and this year many of our initial drives resulted in scoring opportunities but then our offense sputters the rest of the way. Last week as an example. Is he getting outcoached when it comes time to make adjustments?

I think we are being out coached. We need to just get a different coach, put Jackson back in there let him learn and grow this year, then get our low first round pick for next year, and get a good reciever, and get a veteran back up for t-jack incase he doesnt develop into anything. Pick up some pass defense, and someone that can sack a quarterback. We should be set for a few years then smirk.gif , hopefully!

LOL.

So if we get a new coach, a good receiver, develop a quarterback, a veteran running back, pass defense, and someone that gets some sacks...we could ahve a good team.

Yea, this team needs a lot of help.

Time to bring back Mike Tice!

Let me tell you something....when you get the running game that the vikings have gotten out of AP than any coach worth anything should be able too work off that and come up with some kind of a passing game, I dont care who the QB and recievers are. The chiefs found a way too score against us with no running game. We have a much better defense than the chiefs do. Damon Huard at QB and recievers just as shaddy as the vikings. Is there a reason that Sydney Rice is never in the game?? You don't even have too be right on target for him too come down with the ball. But hes never in the game. He didn't touch the field until the 4th quarter of the lions game because they ran nothing but 2 reciever sets and the 2 recievers for some reason were always Williamson and Wade. I thought Rice was hurt for the game because when someone did come in it was Ferguson. In the first half of the chiefs game i'll give him that he did try some new things and it worked nicely. They got robbed on the Shiancoe replay and Holcomb missed Ferguson late in the first half. It could have been 21-3 at half. But in the 2nd half, where did that little bit of creativity go? It was like "ok its the 2nd half and we have a lead, lets pull things back and hope too hold on". The vikes have played 2 of the 3 worst teams in the NFL this season and came up with 1 win. Or should i say what i thought was 2 of the 3 worse, the vikes may be in that category. They are now looking at a 1-7 start with this schedule. They will not win any of these games with these offensive gameplans unless the defense can get some scores in a game.

I agree, Childress is not the man for the team...but we always blame the coach. Take it from a guy that coaches.

Yes, we may need a change at the end of the year...but people always think they are a better coach from what they see in games and on TV. None of us are at every practice and know nearly as much as the coaches know. But, we all seem to be smarter than them.

Doesn't this just show you why Ron Howard wasn't allowed to call plays in Philly? Why do you have an offensive coordinator if you aren't letting him do his job. He does what every coach we've had in the last 15 years does. No chages at halftime, it's just a huge ego.