• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9-24-07 Report & Pic

Today water temp was between 59-60 degrees and the lake is on the drop again...raining right now though so maybe it will come up a bit more. The baitfish are starting to ball up good on the steep breaks and the big pike and musky are right there with them. Musky action has been good on the remaining good weeds and rocks. Reed bite has been slow for me as of late. Bucktails, topwater and jerk/gliders are all doing well for us.

Walleye action has been good on jigs and minnows in 18-25 feet. Cranks up on the flats in the evening have been going good too. Jumbo perch were on fire in the 6-8 foot zone with jigs and minnows over the weekend. Largemouth and crappie have been providing some extra action too. Look for the bass in the shallow slop and rice. Crappies are schooling up near their deep water haunts.

Here is a 40" from last week.

bmj40.jpg

Brian, thanks for the report. We are coming up this w/e for a "last hurrah" this year . My wife is coming this time, so I'd like to find her a hot bite to keep her interest up (perch would be good). Your great report will increase my excitment and expectation for the w/e. Thanks, it will be hard to keep my mind on work til then. grin.gif I'm looking for the water temp to drop a few more degrees this week....could be real fun then.

Sounds like you have been able to "work" hard on the ski's this year. Good for you, I know how you like them. Maybe see you on the water.

Next time you need rain up there, let me know and I will take care of it for you.ha!

Rained today , so we didn't go out today before coming home. However we fished hard saturday, doing well on perch. Managed a few eyes on raps in the evening, including 1 husky 24 1/2 incher.

Water temp was between 57 and 58 degrees. Wind was a factor out of the SE, but we found places to fish that didn't hammer us too badly.

Our "last hurrah" was fun, with my wife , son and daughter-in-law. smile.gif

Soldoncass,

Glad you were all able to make it back up and have a good trip. Rain and wind are a bit late this year...maybe next year mother nature will get her self back on track!

Brian,

We did 3 trips of 2 days each this year, and it rained 1 day of each trip, so it didn't seem like a drought to us.

Scott and I did alot of "baiting hooks" for our wives, but when they are getting bites, they have more fun. My wife got her first ever walleye, and lots of perch. She WAS NOT fond of the night fishing or the "walleye chop" waves, so she won't do that part again. frown.gifThe rest of us are more used to it, so we were comfortable out there).

My daughter-in-law got the biggest perch(12") and walleye(24 1/2") of the trip, so she was happy. She said she had a big one.....recognized the bottom- hugging and head-shaking style.....it was fighting like her personal best 25" from Mille Lacs. smile.gif

Seems too nice to be saying "wait til next year" ,but too much to do in the yard and get ready for deer hunting ,etc to spent another w/e up there. frown.gif

Thanks for your reports and all your assistance in helping us actually catch walleyes now and then. grin.gif See you next year!!

Soldon,

Sounds like the jumbo's were really good this year. Brian and I took my daughter out in the first week of August this year and he put her on a 13.5" jumbo that topped out at darn near 2 lbs. I am considering having a replica made of the fish for my bar. Brian said it was the largest perch he has seen taken out of Cass in his 16 years. We thought it was a nice walleye but it surprised us all, what a golden beauty!

Take heart man, my wife is not too fond of the Cass Lake chop either! She is ok until things get rolling and she starts getting wet, then it is time to head to a cove somewhere around the other side of the island or to the Pike Hole! LOL

Windy

You haven't expierienced the Cass Lake Chop until you been out there in a 14' boat! Hopefully I can get that remedied before my next trip out to Cass in June.

-Gregg B.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]